cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access my recording under "local recordings" please help!

StephanieQuayle
Listener

Hi, I recorded my zoom meeting and it shows up in "local recordings". But when I click on it-it says there is nothing there? Please help. Thanks so so much!

Stef

5 REPLIES 5

Jameswalter
Participant

If you can't access your recordings under "Local Recordings" in Zoom, there could be several reasons for this issue. Here are some troubleshooting steps to help you locate and access your local recordings:

Check Recording Location:

By default, Zoom stores local recordings in the "Documents" folder on your computer. Navigate to your "Documents" folder and look for a subfolder named "Zoom" or "Zoom Recordings." Your recorded files should be in this folder.

Check Zoom Settings:

Open the Zoom application and go to the settings by clicking on your profile picture (or initials) in the top-right corner, then select "Settings."
In the settings window, click on the "Recording" tab on the left.
Under the "Local Recording" section, check the "Save to" location. Make sure the path is set to the appropriate folder where you want your recordings to be saved.

Search for Recordings:

If you can't find the recording in the default location, try searching for the file by its name using your computer's search feature (e.g., Spotlight on Mac or File Explorer search on Windows).

cadkinson2022
Listener

I need some assistance where mine says that I'm unable to access because it's no longer supported. Do I need to pay for my subscription again to get access to the video? I was never notified that this would be the case. 

alena_zlc
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @cadkinson2022 
Was your recording a local recording or cloud recording? 

If it was a cloud recording, you will not be able to access it with your free account. If you were previously able to create cloud recordings, and then were downgraded to a free account, your cloud recordings are set to be deleted after 30 days. To access the recordings, you must resubscribe to a paid account again within the 30 day period prior to deletion.

If it was a local recording, the file should have automatically been saved to your computer and would be unaffected by the account type change. By default, local recordings will be placed in following directory:

• Windows: C:\Users\[Username]\Documents\Zoom
  • Mac: /Users/[Username]/Documents/Zoom

To check where your local recording would have been saved to, open the Zoom desktop client and click your profile picture in the upper right. Navigate to Settings > Recording. View Store my recordings at and the recording should be in the folder that is listed.

cadkinson2022
Listener

I’m confused. Could someone actually give me a call and walk through this with me? It’s a recording of a very special day and it wasn’t expressed that things needed to be saved in that way so I’m not sure if mine was local recordings or not. 

alena_zlc

Hi @cadkinson2022 
Please submit a ticket to Zoom support here and our technical experts will be able to assist you from here.