cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can participants turn on their camera by themselves after turned off by the host?

ZP_ZX
Listener

I found the participants can't turn on their camera if the host has turned off , unless the host click the button - ask them to turn on one by one.  This is not convenient. Is there any set to change this or will developing a button to be done for camera like mute/unmute participants set by host?

2 REPLIES 2

Mok
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@ZP_ZX  As far as I know, due to security and privacy, the host will not be able to turn on the participants' cameras remotely.

If this has answered or helped find a solution to your question, please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.
Cheers!

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @ZP_ZX – 

Also see this Zoom Community post. I think your question is more about participants not being sble to turn their own video back on, once the host had Stopped Video for an attendee. It’s also a security feature. I believe if you use the Ask User to Start Video menu, the user can start video immediately OR they can respond No to the prompt inviting them to start video, but their ability to start later is restored. I haven’t tested that lately, but I’m pretty sure that works. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !