cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera Lagging in Zoom

Dianna1
Listener

About a week ago ZOOM did an automatic update and since then my camera is lagging. All other participants in the meetings are fine, but my camera, as the host, is not. Any advice?

16 REPLIES 16

LMR13
Listener

Hi Dianna,

I had the same thing happen to me. It started on Jan 10th. I typically host weekly meetings and all participant's cameras are working fine, mine, not so much! I have uninstalled and reinstalled latest version of Zoom and even purchased a new webcam, still same issue. It has to be just Zoom, because I tried other sites, with no problems, I'd continue using them, but need the ability to host large groups, with HIPAA compliant technology. 

ML12
Listener

I am having a problem since the update. I am not the host. When I go into a meeting my video flickers and then it looks like a speaker view, when I am not the speaker and this is only on area for my picture. One meeting it started flashing each persons picture when mine should be and they were upside down. It was very entertaining and everyone was laughing, but this can't go on. Just had another meeting with a different group and it happened again. I have closed the computer, reboot, did everything and it still happens. I was told that it happens to other people too in other meetings that some people have been in. This must be because of the update. I use Windows 11 and Firefox. I hope someone will read this and fix it. Thank you.

LMR13
Listener

I just uninstalled the latest version and went back to the 5.13.3 dated 30 Dec, my problems started right after version 5.13.4 was released on Jan 9th. https://zoom-us-zoom.en.uptodown.com/windows/versions

Check out this link, I'll be able to see tomorrow morning with my first meeting. I'm running it now, no lags as of yet. Hope this helps.

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Dianna1 @ML12 as @LMR13 suggests, with 15.13.5 out upgrade Zoom to the latest version🙂

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

LMR13
Listener

Thanks, I did this morning, and it seems to have fixed the problems!!! Thank, You Lord!!! I have three group meetings I facilitate, and it was very rough last week, with the camera jumping and freezing.

Y'all take care!😊

LMR13
Listener

Hi that happened to me a few updates back. I went back and reinstall the last version before the upgrade; that's what helped solve my issue.

Hope that helps. 😊

willjoe2442
Participant

If your camera is lagging during Zoom video calls, here are some potential solutions you can try:

Close other applications: Other applications running on your computer may be using up resources, causing your camera to lag. Close any applications you don't need during your Zoom call.

Check your internet connection: A slow or unstable internet connection can cause lagging during video calls. Make sure you have a strong internet connection and consider connecting to the internet via an Ethernet cable instead of Wi-Fi.

Update your Zoom app: Make sure you have the latest version of the Zoom app installed. An outdated version of the app can cause problems, including camera lagging.

Restart your computer: Restarting your computer can help clear up any temporary issues that may be causing your camera to lag.

Check camera settings: Ensure your camera settings are set up correctly in the Zoom app. Go to the Video settings in Zoom and check that the correct camera is selected, and the camera settings are optimized for your internet speed.

Reduce video quality: If your internet speed is slow, try reducing the video quality in Zoom to help reduce lagging.

If none of these solutions work, you may want to contact Zoom support for further assistance.

Regards,

Will

I do not have a slow internet connection and the camera works fine on Google Meet. I reinstalled Zoom and it keeps happening. It is a brand new Nexigo camera. Do you know support that brand or something? 

Same issue here. Nexigo camera works fine on variety of browser-based video chat applications (my video immediately updates) but on desktop zoom app, I'm seeing 3-5s delay between moving and updates on screen.

Same camera same issue with video lag. Audio is fine. 

Turn ON HD in video settings and it will fix this issue.

JoeFriez
Listener

I have the same problem with that Nexigo camera and zoom...

Turn ON HD in video settings and it would fix this issue. This has nothing to do with internet speed. It looks like when HD is off, zoom converts the video into a lower resolution and plays it back in realtime. Thus, it looks laggy. 

jstark11407
Listener

I was having the same issue with my NexiGo external webcam. My laptop webcam worked fine. I fixed it though. Here's how. In the Zoom Video settings, I checked the "HD" box, and the lagging went away. 

Turn ON HD in video settings and it would fix this issue. 

bpatel
Listener

For me tinkering around the video settings (Original ratio, HD, etc.) helped resolve the problem. It seems that when HD is off, zoom starts making the video look laggy.