cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio latency between (Microphone / Line in) and Zoom Share Computer Audio

Pradeep_Axeman
Listener

Hi, I'm a music teacher. I connect my Condenser Microphone and the Guitar into my Focusrite Scarlett Solo. It has 2 dedicated channels for each inputs.

When I'm in Zoom meetings, I've noticed that there's some milli-seconds latency when I'm sharing my computer audio (accompanying background music ) while I play my guitar. The shared computer Audio is a bit ahead resulting it to make me sound "out of synch".

This is only noticeable to the person on the other end and not me. 

There are no problems otherwise regarding the MIC and Guitar synchronization. they're working like a charm.

It'll be of a great help if a solution is provided so that the Shared Computer audio does not go Out of Synch anymore.

Thanks...

Pradeep.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @Pradeep_Axeman 

I think you could use https://vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/

This will give you input channels and a virtual output.

Take your Solo in one channel, and computer audio in on another. Add some delay to your computer audio channel, set your levels to suit, then set Zoom's input to be the virtual output of Voicemeeter (this will become a source option once installed).

Are you already using the Original Sound and Hi Fidelity modes in Zoom? 

Rupert

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Rupert

Hi @Pradeep_Axeman 

Shared computer audio and Zoom input audio are processed separately . Your external USB interface (Scarlett Solo) will also be adding a few milliseconds of delay. All USB interfaces will. So those two things are against you.

Ideally, you would have a three input interface. That would enable you to take your computer's audio OUTPUT(with the music) and add it as an input on your interface, along with your guitar and microphone. With the interface piped into Zoom, that would mean everything (all three sources) would be in the same pipeline and inherently in sync.

You could also add a small external mixer to your solo to give you some extra channels, but you'd be duplicating equipment for the most part.

The only other way to solve the problem would be to add a software delay to your computer audio with some kind of plugin - then tune-in the right delay by ear to match.

The plugin or software would depend on what computer or device you have.

Hope this helps.

Hi Rupert, Thanks for the prompt response and pointing out the reason of the synchronization issue.

I use a windows desktop computer. Could you suggest any plugin / software that you've just mentioned?

Thanks again.

Pradeep.

Rupert

Hi @Pradeep_Axeman 

I think you could use https://vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/

This will give you input channels and a virtual output.

Take your Solo in one channel, and computer audio in on another. Add some delay to your computer audio channel, set your levels to suit, then set Zoom's input to be the virtual output of Voicemeeter (this will become a source option once installed).

Are you already using the Original Sound and Hi Fidelity modes in Zoom? 

Rupert

Hi Rupert, Thanks again. Yes, I'm using the Original Sound and Hi Fidelity Modes in Zoom.  It has really helped.

Also thanks for sharing the link.

Would definitely check this one out.

Cheers...

Pradeep.

HI Rupert,

I am a guitar teacher and professional performing musician. This application that you recommended for Pradeep seems to be a great solution, but I use Apple and didn't see a version that works with apple. Do you know if one exists?

Cheers!

BG

bgmojohands
Listener

Hi Pradeep,

I am a guitar teacher and professional performing musician. This application recommended by Rupert seems to be a great solution, but I use Apple and didn't see a version that works with apple. I'm send this note to Rupert also.

Cheers,

BG