cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing meeting recording

TP7
Listener

I was a participant in a Zoom meeting, the host gave me recording permission and I recorded the Zoom meeting (record to the computer, I guess), but I didn't use my account, I just directly joined with the "join a meeting" option and I didn't include my account, and now I cannot find my recorded video, what should I do? Does the host still have the recording?

3 REPLIES 3

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @TP7 just to clarify on cloud vs. local recording; If you recorded your meeting or webinar locally to your computer, you a can access the local recordings files on the computer that recorded the meeting. 

If you recorded a meeting or webinar to the cloud, you can manage your cloud recordings in the Zoom web portal.

You can Enabling and starting local recordings; if given permissions to record from the host, as well as initiating the local recording and stopping the local recording; and as per the host, the host would need to assign recording privileges in-meeting. 

Accessing local recordings --> Meetings --> Open Recordings --> local recordings (Zoom version 5.14.7 (18149))

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

rduncomb
Listener

This is my problem too. I was given permission but only had record to computer option, but I cannot find that recording.

rduncomb
Listener

Unfortunately , I still don't know how to find the local recording on my computer (it was recorded on this computer). I can see many other recordings, all to the cloud and made from my computer but not the one I need which a colleague set up. When i go into meetings I don not get an option between cloud and local recordings as in your diagram. I get an option between  upcoming and recorded. The needed recording from 12 July 23 is not there. Rohena