Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About Zoom audio and whiteboard issue: we need to know causes and solutions

support_team
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Hello?

We have encountered some issues while using Zoom. We would like to inquire about the following issues:

1. Delay in audio between teachers and students.
  2. Delay in displaying handwritten content between teachers and students.
  3. Sudden switching of the whiteboard screen to the camera view.

We would like to confirm whether these issues are related to Zoom's platform. If so, could you please provide us with information regarding the cause and potential solutions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

storyhub
Community Champion | Customer

Check audio and video latency in settings > statistics. Typical delay is about 30-40 ms. Most excessive delays are the result of insufficient CPU (i7 recommended, i5 minimum, i3 is not adequate) or insufficient bandwidth or from using WiFi, especially with a week signal. Remember that viewing realtime handwriting uses upstream bandwidth which can be limited. Ethernet is always recommended instead of WiFi since WiFi must double process the encoding/decoding of the streams. If teachers and students are on the same network then bandwidth can disappear very quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

storyhub

Check audio and video latency in settings > statistics. Typical delay is about 30-40 ms. Most excessive delays are the result of insufficient CPU (i7 recommended, i5 minimum, i3 is not adequate) or insufficient bandwidth or from using WiFi, especially with a week signal. Remember that viewing realtime handwriting uses upstream bandwidth which can be limited. Ethernet is always recommended instead of WiFi since WiFi must double process the encoding/decoding of the streams. If teachers and students are on the same network then bandwidth can disappear very quickly.