cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 For 1?

MichaelJ68
Listener

Is it possible to set up a Zoom account so that my wife & I can each initiate a Zoom meeting separately at the same time (her with her friends/associates and me with mine)?

If so, how?  And what would be the cost?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

J-Zoom-ATL
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@MichaelJ68 In order to accomplish this you would need to setup 1 user initially (either yours or your wifes preferred email) and then purchase a subscription with 2 licenses. 
After purchasing, you can then invite the other user email needed from the User Management -> Users tab and assign them a license. 

Each user would then have their own login and license to host meeting separately with no issue. 

A second license isn't necessary if the second user only needs to be a basic user and host up to 40 minutes. 

Time Limits for Basic Users 

Here is our pricing guide as well: https://zoom.us/pricing 
For both users to not have a time limit, you will need to look at purchasing two licenses for the year (or monthly). 

If this answer helped solve your question/issue, please hit the "Accept as Solution" button below.

View solution in original post

J-Zoom-ATL

@MichaelJ68 The main advantage to both being on the same overall account, is access (if both are made admins) to each others cloud recordings. The cloud recording storage is also considered jointly, so 2GB total as opposed to 1GB separately. 
That being said, being on the same account allows you both to make each other alternative hosts and will allow you to setup scheduling privileges for each other. 

While for the most part your functionality on individual accounts isn't any different than being on the same account, as mentioned above there are a few more benefits. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

J-Zoom-ATL

@MichaelJ68 In order to accomplish this you would need to setup 1 user initially (either yours or your wifes preferred email) and then purchase a subscription with 2 licenses. 
After purchasing, you can then invite the other user email needed from the User Management -> Users tab and assign them a license. 

Each user would then have their own login and license to host meeting separately with no issue. 

A second license isn't necessary if the second user only needs to be a basic user and host up to 40 minutes. 

Time Limits for Basic Users 

Here is our pricing guide as well: https://zoom.us/pricing 
For both users to not have a time limit, you will need to look at purchasing two licenses for the year (or monthly). 

If this answer helped solve your question/issue, please hit the "Accept as Solution" button below.

MichaelJ68
Listener

J-Zoom-ATL, thank you for responding so quickly.  Currently, she & I each have the free version.  It appears that the price is exactly the same if both of us upgrade to the Pro Account individually ($149.90 x 2 = $299.80 annually) vs 1 Pro Account with 2 licenses ($299.80 annually).  Is there an advantage of one over the other?

J-Zoom-ATL

@MichaelJ68 The main advantage to both being on the same overall account, is access (if both are made admins) to each others cloud recordings. The cloud recording storage is also considered jointly, so 2GB total as opposed to 1GB separately. 
That being said, being on the same account allows you both to make each other alternative hosts and will allow you to setup scheduling privileges for each other. 

While for the most part your functionality on individual accounts isn't any different than being on the same account, as mentioned above there are a few more benefits. 

Excellent.  Thank you.