cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Isolating Marketo in a large Zoom environment

ChrisDavis
Listener

Hi folks,

My university has a very large user base of many thousands of users. We've had at least two different groups who use Marketo (different instances) request to use the Zoom Webinars integration, but we've put them off because:

1. Only one Marketo instance can be connected to the Zoom account
  2. Marketo requires account-level access to all of our thousands of users

That second one is a big no-no. One idea we've had is isolating these specific webinar user accounts to their own subaccounts and linking the individual Marketo instances there. It seems like users from our main account will still be able to be added as alternative hosts to webinars on the subaccounts. Has anyone attempted this elsewhere? Are there any complications we aren't anticipating?

Thanks,

Chris 

1 REPLY 1

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @ChrisDavis per your discussion, isolating the webinar licensed users to a sub-account, and linking them individually. Which I did look at a past customer experience internally, and it seems like the Marketo will still work for sub-account users as long as you've have configured it successfully, which (i have not tested) but you will will only see the Marketo under Advanced -> Integration -> Marketo; once you've have configured it successfully. 

Marketo will not show in the Advanced -> Integration tab is that it wasn't properly integrated on your sub-account, which you would need a different Marketo account for your sub-account.

If Marketo has been added in your Marketplace, please proceed with the configuration using the steps here: Using the Zoom for Marketo app. To use the Zoom Webinar for Marketo integration, you must first schedule a one-time webinar in Zoom (recurring webinars are not supported at this time) on the sub-account with the licensed user/user groups that has Marketo integrated. 

For more information on scheduling a webinar, see Getting Started with Zoom Webinars. In Marketo, you will also need to create a New Event Program as well as set the appropriate flow actions to track engagement.

Let me know if this helps! If you run into any other issues creating sub-account, moving users over, and continuing the integration process, suggest reaching out to our Zoom support team for further assistance, thanks! 🙂

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!