cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webinar Registration Issues

rosmith
Listener

I am doing several learning webinars and some of the staff are getting this "meeting is for authorized registrants only" message, but some have paid Zoom accounts and some have had to sign up for the "free" account to get registered.  The issue is with the "paid" accounts as they can't register at all since they already have an account under their emails.  Why is this happening?  Has there been an update 

1 REPLY 1

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @rosmith so this would happen if you have either "Require panelists to authenticate to join" and/or "Require attendees to authenticate" to join checked. 

With Requiring authentication to join a meeting/webinar setting checked; when a participant tries to join the meeting or webinar and is not signed into Zoom, they are prompted to sign in to join. 

I'm a little confused and trying to figure out what I'm missing. If a registrant wants to register, they must fill out the required fields when registering. This is where your registrants with Zoom accounts, whether paid or free plan types, will fill out the registration requirements.

Screenshot 2023-07-19 at 3.53.22 PM.png

Registrants who already have a Zoom account do not need to go through this process when registering (within the screenshot below). Only users who do not already have a Zoom account will be required to create one before registering, which is where the setting "Require attendees to authenticate" comes into play.

Screenshot 2023-07-19 at 3.54.19 PM.png

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!