cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webinar Feature Request: Notification of new attendee for Host only

WebcastTech
Listener

Hello Zoom community! I have a Webinar feature request and I don't see any other place to submit it.

I would like a feature that allows for the host and co-hosts to turn on notifications of new attendees for themselves only.

I am sure we have all been in large meetings where the New Attendee Notification feature is on. Every time a new person logs onto the webinar everyone hears the chime. With a lot of people bouncing on and off a meeting that chime can get very annoying.

I am an operator for webcasts that use Zoom Webinars as the presentation source. We use another application to cut and paste the images from Zoom and broadcast them in a more professional looking presentation. This way we can prep the presenters and solve any technical issues prior to going live to the public.

Throughout a typical day I will do  6 or more  broadcasts from the same Zoom room. The room is kept open all day and presenters join anywhere from 1/2 hour before to 1 minute before their scheduled presentation, and they leave after their broadcast is concluded. There may be only one presenter for a broadcast or there may be several presenters, assistants, and a moderator. 

It is imperative that we operators monitor the attendee window pre-broadcast so that client presenters can be promoted immediately upon arrival. We are not allowed to turn on the New Attendee Notification feature though because if anyone were to jump in to the room during the presentations (which our producers do frequently) the audience would hear the chime.

With an option to have the chime audible to only myself as a host or cohost, monitoring of attendees would be much simpler and would allow me to focus attention on other tasks while waiting for presenters to enter the room.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @WebcastTech 

The Zoom online Community isn't necessarily the best place for feature suggestions.

But you can use the feedback https://zoom.us/feed

Rupert

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Rupert

Hi @WebcastTech 

The Zoom online Community isn't necessarily the best place for feature suggestions.

But you can use the feedback https://zoom.us/feed

Rupert

DeniseLahat

I think the new BACKSTAGE feature expected to come out end of the year is what you are looking for.

Thanks @DeniseLahat !  I am used to being backstage. This whole webcasting thing is new to me.