cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting room before webinar - has this feature changed?

Marci1
Listener

Last year I hosted a webinar and was able to have a waiting room for participants before it started.  Now, I don't see where that is in the webinar set up at all.  What happens is, as soon as I start the webinar (with my co-host and a panelist), others can automatically join in before it's officially started.  Has this feature been removed?  I don't want to have a meeting and prefer the webinar feature.  

Hopefully someone knows what I am missing to activate the waiting room!  Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi, @Marci1 thank you for posting for the first time, and welcome to the Zoom Community!

Webinars don't have a waiting room feature at the moment. However, I would encourage you to use the practice session for your upcoming event. It's a great way to get familiar with the webinar controls before the actual event. The practice session is available to the host, co-host, and any panelists. Here is how: Using Webinar practice session

I hope this helps!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi, @Marci1 thank you for posting for the first time, and welcome to the Zoom Community!

Webinars don't have a waiting room feature at the moment. However, I would encourage you to use the practice session for your upcoming event. It's a great way to get familiar with the webinar controls before the actual event. The practice session is available to the host, co-host, and any panelists. Here is how: Using Webinar practice session

I hope this helps!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Marci1
Listener

Thank you so much!   I will try the practice session.