cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing two-factor authentication for Zoom Sessions events

Program
Listener

Our team is new to Zoom Sessions and we are trying to figure out if we can remove two-factor authentication for attendees who register with their email (not their Zoom account). Zoom Support will not give me a yes/no answer, instead keeps saying that it's possible, but then gives me incorrect instructions that do not apply for Zoom Events/Zoom Sessions.

Does anyone know if this is even an option? Reading through this article it seems that the default is two-factor authentication with a code sent to the attendee's email, this article does not discuss how to turn off two-factor authentication. https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0058219

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4

EvelynF
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@Program  You can now create a Zoom Session or Multi-Session Event with no Authentication required! This feature is only applied to newly created events (including duplicating events). Under Links and Event Access, create a Group Join Link and remove any Authentication. The user should then be able to simply add their email address and name to join without the code. I hope this helps! 

RobSab
Listener

@EvelynF - just to make sure that I understand what you are saying. Does your solution allow the attendee to login into the Zoom Sessions event in the same was as he would login to a Zoom webinar?

EvelynF

@RobSab Yes, the attendee can join the Session just as they would a Webinar. They must input their email and name but do not have to go through the two-factor authentication (if set up like so by the host). 

MJBelfiore
Listener

How can guest facilitators log into a class without having to go through 2 factor authentication?  The code is emailed to me, not the facilitator, which causes issues if I am not able to send the code within 5 minutes