cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Panelist and Invitee Invitations

mlabaw
Listener

Question-If you invite invitees to start a webinar at 2pm and you want your panelists to join a practice session at 1:30pm, how do you set up the time properly in the invitation?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @mlabaw.

Bottom line: You don’t. If you want Panelists to join you for a practice session a few days in advance, or arrive 30 minutes early, you need to do this outside of Zoom with email or other means.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @mlabaw.

Bottom line: You don’t. If you want Panelists to join you for a practice session a few days in advance, or arrive 30 minutes early, you need to do this outside of Zoom with email or other means.

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

HI @mlabaw Ray is correct. We recommend coordinating with panelists when you wish to join the practice session ahead of the scheduled start time. I encourage you to utilize Team Chat, creating a group with your panelists to ease the scheduling process and enhance communication convenience for everyone.

Please don't forget to click any of the replies as an accepted solution if you found it helpful. Thank you!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

RajV
Listener

I created a weekly Zoom call and sent the invite to the attendees. But Zoom ended up sending 40+ invites instead of sending one invite which should include all the recurring meeting in it. It is like sending an invite from Outlook or Google calendar. It does not send 40+ invites to each attendee for every week's call. Why does Zoom send 40+ invites to every attendee for recurring calls?

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @RajV.

My experience is that if you schedule with the Zoom Web Portal at https://zoom.us, you'll get a single invitation to a recurring meeting, with all dates listed.

If you use a plug-in -- such as with Outlook or Google -- each of the recurring sessions is a separate instance on the respective calendar, and it's the add-in (Outlook or Google) that ends up sending one email per calendar entry.

I recommend using the Zoom web portal to send the invitations OR copy the invitation, create the recurring meeting in your app, and paste the invite into it.