cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Format_Invalid when importing csv file of attendees in zoom webinar

TerryChiplin
Listener

Hi all

I have hosted webinars using the zoom platform for a couple of years with no issues.
This week I hosted the first session of 2024 - I am on the Pro profile.
When I attempted to import attendee emails and names into zoom, I received an error message saying format_invalid, described as rows. I am using the template that zoom supply for importing attendees.
I have tried creating and saving the csv file in both numbers (Mac) and Excel with the same result.

I am using a Macbook Air. Not sure of zoom version but believe it is up to date.
If it makes a difference, I now live in France having recently moved from the UK.
I have sent 2 tickets into zoom support without an answer. The last one was TS0536661.
I tried sending myself a test confirmation email, and then used that content to send out an email to all the attendees.
Some attendees were able to access the live webinar as a result, and many were not - they were asked by zoom to register, and then received a message saying their registration was pending.
Any suggestions for a resolution would be warmly welcomed.

3 REPLIES 3

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

With Zoom Webinars registration, registrants can be imported by CSV upload and automatically approved. Once they have successfully been imported, a confirmation email will be sent to the registrants. 

Reasons you may have an issue;

• The CSV file can only be up to 2MB.
  • Can only upload registrants to single-occurrence(non-recurring) webinars.
  • If charging a registration fee through Paypal is enabled for the webinar, this option will not be available.
  • If your registration has additional required questions, imported registrants will be redirected to the registration page to complete the missing required questions. 
  • Bad formatting

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0065473 

Is your webinar a single occurrence or a recurring series ?

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

TerryChiplin
Listener

Hi Frank, and thanks for your reply.
Here are my answers to the points you noted:

• The csv file is 4 kb
  • It is a single occurrence webinar
  • No registration fees have been charged through PayPal or any other platform
  • I didn't use the registration process on zoom - i used a separate platform for registration and then exported the data into a csv file that I then attempted to upload to zoom
  • I wondered about formatting - I have used the same process for the last 3 or 4 years without any previous issues. I also tried using the zoom template directly and that still came up with the same error message.
    I think it must be in this area, yet don't know exactly why it is happening?

Thank you, I do appreciate your thoughts.
Cheers

Terry

Hi Terry, wondering if you had any luck solving this issue?

I have experienced the same problem when I held my first Zoom webinar last month.

My data is good - checked all the parameters against the Zoom knowledge article.

First upload of 200 names only 199 accepted - it appears that Zoom doesn't like row 1 but the template doesn't call for a header row.

My second upload of 25 names (to the same webinar) only 17 were accepted. I could find no reason why. One email may have been rejected due to a possible duplication, but all others were clean and unique.

If you have any thoughts to share I'd appreciate it.