cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display name not picking up

ahamednishadh
Listener

Hi all,

Since about 2 weeks ago, I seem to be having this issue on one of my Zoom accounts where the Display Name of Zoom is not showing up on the eMails sent through Zoom to Panelists for Webinars. 

Tried support but they were also confused and said will get the tech team to contact me but no response yet. 

See the images to understand more.. On one the display name is showed as just Zoom while on the other its showing what was entered in the "Reply To" field on the Zoom Webinar Email settings although the setting is identical on both accounts one is picking up the Display name while the other isnt. 

Any help in this would be appreciated. 

TIA

-Ahamed

7 REPLIES 7

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @ahamednishadh, have you looked into https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/203686335-Customizing-webinar-email-settings to see if you can edit the 'Invite Panelist Email' to include the name. As displayed in the knowledge article, the email variable for a registrant's name is ${username} – Registrant’s full name. See if this has been changed or needs to be changed! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @ahamednishadh, just following up with my response. Did this resolve your issue? If not, please let me know so that we can look into it further!

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Hi RN.. 

sorry about the late reply. Been out for a few days. 

And no, the solution is not for the question I asked. 

What Im asking is, that the email to the panelists of invitees come from the name of account that is scheduling the webinar or the name given in the override settings.. but for some reason, its showing up as "Zoom" as ive showed in the screenshots.. 

ChrisDavis
Listener

It looks like Ahamed is asking about something different, not the name of the panelist but the From/sender line on the email messages. The normal behavior I've experienced is that email to panelists come from the name on the account scheduling the webinar unless this is overridden in the webinar email setting. Emails to alternative hosts always come from the name on the account scheduling the webinar.

@ahamednishadh did you ever hear back from support? If not, your case should still be open, and you should ask for it to be escalated. 

Hi Chris, 

yes you are correct. this is the problem im facing. And no, I have not received a response from support yet unfortunately. 

Appreciate any support on solving this issue at the earliest. 

Mayako
Listener

Hi All,

I'm having the same problem in webinar email settings.

In the Email Setting tab, I set the specific name at the NAME option such as "Go Green Seminar" or something like that.

And it used to as Email sender's name so that attendee's can notice that is sent from the seminar they are applied.

However, after late July, it seems does not working as it used to be.

Even I set email option properly, emails are sent to attendees just as "Zoom"....

I googled and finaly I found this thread. I hope someone can let me know how to fix this.

BTW I'm posting this from Japan. (I think it does not make any difference though, just for your info.)

I also appreciate any support on solving this issue at the earliest.

Thank you and stay safe.

stuartbell
Listener

I'm a meeting attendee - 2 weeks ago, my Display Name changed on 5 meetings to a 6-digit number - two or three others on these meetings have the same problem.  What broke 2 weeks ago and how do we fix it?