cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consecutive interpretation in 2 different languages

Leonardociprian
Listener

Hello, i have a problem: we need to make a webinar where part of the audience understands portugues and part understands italian. The speaker speaks spanish. We have the interpreters for each language but we want the participants to listen, not only to the interpreter but also the speaker, but the automatic audio volume reduction of the speaker compared to the interpreter doesnt allow us to do so. Is there a way to disable the automatic volume reduction of the speaker when you, as a participant, are listening to an interpreter? please i need help. If i didnt explain myself tell me and ill try to rephrase it better

4 REPLIES 4

Alex_PFT
Participant | Zoom Partner

It doesn't really make sense to listen to 2 people, in 2 different languages, speaking at the same time, no? 

It does if we want to have "consecutive interpretation" and not "simultaneous interpretation" so that people can listen and learn the original language also

Leonardociprian
Listener

all it would take would be a simple switch that allows you to decide if you want to lower the original audio volume or not

Alex_PFT

Thank you for the clarification, I understand. You are right, all it would take would be a simple switch button, but I don't think it is possible at the moment. It would be a nice feature request to make if you want:

Feedback - Zoom