cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing zoom whiteboard outside my organization

maghazad
Listener

I am trying to use the whiteboard function for an activity that a group would complete outside a meeting. Most participants are not in my organization. Basically, i want to use this like I would use a google jamboard (but with the added cool features that I see on zoom whiteboard).

When I try to share, it says I can't share with external users, and when external users try to log in, they need to ask to be invited to the jamboard. I would like a link that I can send that allows anyone wiht the link to access and edit the whiteboard outside of a meeting (again, like Jamboard does). 

Is this functionality available? I can't figure out why it wouldn't be but I have spend 45 minutes trying to figure out how to do it. THanks!

4 REPLIES 4

DF110
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @maghazad,

Here are a couple of settings to check when sharing with external users:

1. Make sure you have selected "Anyone with the link can view" 
  2. Click the settings icon and open Advanced Sharing Settings. Make sure that the 2nd checkbox is selected to allow internal users to share with external users. 

Hope this helps! 

If this helped resolved your issue, please mark this reply as an accepted solution ⬇️ so that others can benefit from this post! 

Screen Shot 2022-09-09 at 4.15.27 PM.png

Ohkawa
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @maghazad 

Your Zoom account administrator may have restricted that functionality.
Please ask your Zoom account administrator them to check your account settings > Whiteboard.

Ohkawa_0-1662778662517.png

maghazad
Listener

@Ohkawa -- I think this might be the issue. I dont have that  "whiteboard cloud sharing" option on my whiteboard settings. I have the two above it.

The concern would be, I'm my own administrator-- i have an individual account! How can I update this?

Ohkawa

@maghazad 

Could you please show me a screenshot of the whiteboard setup screen?