cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reactivated people won't show up

elfersp
Listener

Hey, everyone!

We had several people rejoin our company recently.  Those people we "deactivated" by an admin when they left, and reactivated when they rejoined.  There have been three cases of this.

In all three cases - the reactivated people show up for SOME of us (for example, clicking "New Chat" and then typing their name) but do NOT show up for many.

Has anyone else run into this?

It seems that after you chat with the invisible, reactivated member, then they will show up.  But they will not until that time.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Paul

2 REPLIES 2

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @elfersp per the knowledge base article on Recovering a disabled, inactive, or locked account, when you sign in to your Zoom account and receive a message that says Account is disabled. Please contact your account owner or administrator, this means your account owner or admins has deactivated your Zoom account. Contact your account owner or admins to reactivate your account.

To reactivate a user that was deactivated

1. Sign in to the Zoom web portal as an account owner or admin.
  2. In the navigation menu, click User Management then Users.
  3. Search for the user.
  4. Click Activate in the right-side column.
    Note: You will need to reassign any licenses they had before deactivation.

Secondly, as the owner or Admin check to see if  Allow users to chat with others enabled for your account

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

elfersp
Listener

Thank you!  I appreciate the response!

These users were deactivated.  Then returned to the organization and were reactivated.

So - of what you mentioned, your last thought is the most applicable, I think  -

elfersp_1-1683572830418.png

I checked that setting and found this -

elfersp_0-1683572780797.png

Which looks like no restriction is being placed at the account level?

Thanks again!

Paul