cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom phone is not using the auto attendant and IVR

DavidEichner
Listener

Can someone help me figure out why our phone line does not use the auto attendant and IVR for call queues like sales and support?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DavidEichner
Listener

Looks like the solution was to remove all packages on the primary user account which had a lock on the incoming phone line number.  Once I did that, I was able to go back to the Auto Attendant and assign it to the incoming phone line number. 

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

badbond
Listener

Certainly! I'd be happy to help you figure out why your phone line is not using the auto attendant and IVR for call queues like sales and support.

To start, it would be helpful to have some more information. Have you checked the settings on your phone system to ensure that the auto attendant and IVR are properly configured? Is there a specific error message or issue that you are encountering when attempting to use these features?

If you haven't already done so, I would recommend reaching out to your phone system provider or IT department for assistance. They may be able to troubleshoot the issue and provide guidance on how to resolve it. Additionally, it may be helpful to review any user manuals or documentation related to your phone system to ensure that you are using the features correctly.

DavidEichner
Listener

Please view the attachment print screens of the main number and the auto attendant/IVR configuration.

DavidEichner
Listener

I'm starting to regret shifting from Teams VOIP to Zoom Phone.  At least Microsoft provided support for their product.

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @DavidEichner 

Your Auto Receptionist doesn't the telephone number (DID) associated with it is the first things that sticks out to me. 😊 

I can't see it from your screenshots, but you want to make sure that you have also assigned Users to the Call Queues. 

I hope that helps!

Craig

DavidEichner
Listener

Shouldn't the auto attendant be associated with the main phone incoming line?  When I setup Zoom Phone, it forced me to assign an extension for the main incoming line.  How do I configure the auto attendant to be used by the main incoming line?

DavidEichner
Listener

Do I need to delete the main phone number and recreate with it using the auto attendant extension?

FORE-Craig

Does it show up at the top of the of Phone System Management > Phone Numbers as Main Company Number ?

Or is it assigned to you personally as a User ? If this is the case, you'll want to Unbind it from your user account, and Bind it to the Main Auto Receptionist.

Craig

DavidEichner
Listener

There is only one phone number which is the main incoming line.  It was assigned extension 100.  The autoattendant setup wont let me use the same extension.  It forced me to assign a different extension.

DavidEichner
Listener

It is assigned to the primary user account and will not let me remove that user record since it is the owner.

DavidEichner
Listener

Looks like the solution was to remove all packages on the primary user account which had a lock on the incoming phone line number.  Once I did that, I was able to go back to the Auto Attendant and assign it to the incoming phone line number. 

FORE-Craig

Everything in Zoom Phone gets an extension number as an identifier. 

For a Business of more than one person, usually you would subscribe to the US/CA unlimited plan for each User which includes a phone number (DID), and then you subscribe to a simple Phone Number package for the main line associated with the Auto Attendant(s). Call Queues can also have Phone Numbers associated with them, but it’s not necessary unless you want to have group SMS for the members (at which point you need to subscribe to the Powerpack). 

I hope that helps. 

Craig