cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

admin privileges

SantaSabinaCent
Listener

I am signed in as the owner of this account, and am unable to change "automatic recording." Says it is locked by administrator. Huh??

This is the only email associated with the account. What gives??

Thanks, Pat

3 REPLIES 3

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @SantaSabinaCent if you're the owner or admin on the Zoom Account, you can go into the Admin Account Management Settings  find the settings that are locked and you can unlock the settings and toggle to your desire. 

Click the lock icon  to lock a setting. If you lock a setting, users on your account will not be able to change this setting individually and it will also be locked for all groups.

You'll see something like this ⤵️

I hope this helps! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

I think what Santa is saying is that he/she is the owner of the account and cannot make configuration changes and says they are locked by an admin.  I am also the owner on an account and I cannot make configuration changes.  How can this be?  Doesn't the owner have more rights than anyone?

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Joel1, interesting. If you go into your Profile Settings and locate the setting that's locked within the Admin Settings, are you seeing something like this? 

The owner of the account has all privileges over any other role within the Account unless you've made changes within Role Management

You can click 'Owner' and ensure that your settings - permissions are configured correctly to the role.

Profile settings can be configured and locked in the Admin Account Management Settings which will also be locked in the Profile Settings if that helps clarify. 😄

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!