cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The settings of my Logitech C920 before a meeting and inside the meeting are different!

philip_rhoades
Listener

People,

On Linux I can use guvcview to adjust the zoom, pan and tilt of the camera but after I enter the Zoom meeting, the settings are quite different! - eg the zoom is much greater.  Using guvcview this camera can be zoomed to a max of 500 but in the Zoom meeting it looks more like 2,000 . . how can I control the camera settings from inside the Zoom meeting?

Thanks,

Phil.

2 REPLIES 2

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @philip_rhoades 

You cannot get real local camera control from within inside Zoom.

But you might want to check your Video Settings in Zoom and toggle on or off your HD and Ratio buttons - if they exist in Linux.

Other than that, it might be best to pass your camera through a Virtual Camera application (like OBS) and that will give you access to all the UVC camera controls in real-time - and give you other features!

You could also log into your meeting from a second computer and "request camera control" in Zoom from your first computer. I am not sure if this will work in Linux, but I have used this trick on Windows and Mac. It will give you Zoom, Pan and Tilt.

You also check for Logitech software for Linux. On Windows and Mac the Logitech software can give you real time control of your camera.

Hope this helps.

Rupert

philip_rhoades
Listener

Good suggestions! - I will check them out . .

Thanks!