cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share and Record: Slides as virtual background

bd
Listener

Using MacBookPro 2020, I am sharing slides as virtual background. When I record this, my video(face) is not being shown in the recording. I just see slides with audio. Can anyone please help me?

bd

1 REPLY 1

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @bd, and welcome to the community! 🎉 Are you running the latest update of Zoom 5.7.4? If not, I would encourage you to update! As we always have new features coming out!

Also, just wanted to note. If you're recording to the Cloud that your Cloud recording settings are checked to how you're recording your sessions. However, if recording Locally, look into the recording layouts KB article, which may be helpful. 

I think this may be what you're looking for. After looking into the Sharing slides as a Virtual Background, the KB article stated,

Spoiler
If the presenter records the meeting locally, the recording will also have the video embedded on top of the slides. If the host or another participant records the meeting locally, they must be on at least 5.2.0 or higher for the video to be embedded on the slides. If they are on any version older than 5.2.0 or record to the cloud, the recording will record the slides and video as a normal screen share recording. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!