cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording host only (not just active speaker)

dmstauber
Listener

I teach classes using Zoom. I would like to provide recordings to participants that include only my speaking and screen sharing. I understand that I can choose to record only the active speaker, but this does not quite meet my needs because I have question and answer times when a participant will be the active speaker. Is there any way to record only myself as the host? I use the Pro version on Windows.

Thank you!

7 REPLIES 7

colegs
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@dmstauber If you spotlight yourself (click on your name in the participant list, click on the 3 dots and select Spotlight), you will be the only attendee that everyone sees, and the only attendee recorded.  This will also only show you during the class, though, so I am not sure if this is exactly what you wanted.

Please click on 'Accept as Solution' below if this answers your question.

FLI
Listener

I wish to do the same thing and I see the spotlight idea which seems helpful.  However, I would like to see the students large during the class, and I only want the recording to be of me.  Anyone know of a way to do this?

FLI
Listener

I wish to do the same thing and I see the spotlight idea which seems helpful.  However, I would like to see the students large during the class, and I only want the recording to be of me.  Anyone know of a way to do this?

FLI
Listener

or is there a way to edit out the other participants after the video is created?

Lindy2
Listener

I have this problem too. Using the spotlight option does not prevent my recording to sometimes switch to participants. It seems to happen if I only have one participant (one on one).  Would love to get this fixed!

colegs

I do think that the spotlight only works with multiple users (since if there are only 2 participants, it becomes more of a conversation).   There is not really a fix for this, but might be worth entering a feature request

colegs

@Lindy2 - Have you tried selecting "Focus Mode" to see if that keeps the host on screen?