cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Presenting in breakout groups

Nattaylor1980
Listener

Can anyone confirm if you can allow others to present in breakout groups? - I'm planning on having co-hosts for a meeting who will then "chair" breakout sessions - I need them to be able to share a presentation in the break out groups? If so can someone advise how to set this up? Thanks in advance! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kjhartma
Community Champion | Customer

My understanding (and I could be wrong, I haven't tested in a while) is that if you send a host or co-host to a breakout room, they should be able to share their screen and present content.

If it's an attendee you want to be able to share their screen in a breakout room, you need to make sure they're allowed to do so first in the main room.  Check under the Security button in the meeting controls to see if you have "Participants can Share Screen" checked.

The safest and easiest way is to schedule the meeting with the folks you want to present in breakouts as alternate hosts, or make them co-hosts when the meeting starts.  This way you don't have to worry about someone who isn't supposed to share content starting to share their screen and putting up inappropriate content.

Also, definitely test this ahead of time.  Set up a practice meeting or two to make sure everyone you need to present can present.

Good Luck!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

kjhartma

My understanding (and I could be wrong, I haven't tested in a while) is that if you send a host or co-host to a breakout room, they should be able to share their screen and present content.

If it's an attendee you want to be able to share their screen in a breakout room, you need to make sure they're allowed to do so first in the main room.  Check under the Security button in the meeting controls to see if you have "Participants can Share Screen" checked.

The safest and easiest way is to schedule the meeting with the folks you want to present in breakouts as alternate hosts, or make them co-hosts when the meeting starts.  This way you don't have to worry about someone who isn't supposed to share content starting to share their screen and putting up inappropriate content.

Also, definitely test this ahead of time.  Set up a practice meeting or two to make sure everyone you need to present can present.

Good Luck!

Nattaylor1980
Listener

Thanks for your response! that's great