cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My virtual backgrounds are gone

Sarah76
Listener

When I tried to use my virtual backgrounds today all my choices are gone except blur and none. Can't figure out what happened. I checked my settings and my options were correct. I then signed out and back in. When I did that Zoom mentioned that there recently was a sign in from different location. I don't think I did that since I usually use same computer. To get back in I had a code. Could these issues be related? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Sarah76 apologies on the un-intended experience. First, If you think your Zoom account was hacked or someone has made changes to your account without your permission, you can submit a request to Zoom’s Trust & Safety team to report an account takeover. Zoom’s Trust & Safety team reviews each request and takes action when an account takeover is confirmed.

Secondly, please know you can be signed in to Zoom on one computer, one tablet, and one phone at a time. If you sign into an additional device while logged into another device of the same type, you will be logged out automatically on the first device. Fix sign-in issues if you are having trouble signing in to Zoom on your desktop, mobile, or browser.

Updating the Zoom client shouldn't remove account set settings nor remove virtual backgrounds unless an Admin or Owner on the account changed the settings within the Zoom Web Portal, or you have made those changes. 

Lastly, I would recommend changing your Zoom password at https://zoom.us/profile and then also click "Sign Me Out From All Devices" at that same page.

*from experience, virtual backgrounds and settings will reset on the client when you uninstall and reinstall the client.

cc @geema1 @BrianZ @5Frank5 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

geema1
Listener

Happens to me frequently. I don't know if it has something to do with Zoom updates??

5Frank5
Listener

Just happened to me. Signed in and everything except Blur is gone. All my custom backgrounds ... gone. Tried a few things that had been suggested in other forums but nothing so far has made a difference. So annoying!!!

I hear you! I just signed in one day and the only thing that was there was blur. I made sure to update Zoom and also tried it on another computer. I was able to replace one of my own backgrounds but all the ones Zoom usually offers just disappeared.

BrianZ
Listener

I have multiple Zoom accounts and multiple devices.  Overnight, NONE of them have access to my uploaded Virtual Backgrounds.  So frustrating ... I'm ready to dump these clowns.  

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Sarah76 apologies on the un-intended experience. First, If you think your Zoom account was hacked or someone has made changes to your account without your permission, you can submit a request to Zoom’s Trust & Safety team to report an account takeover. Zoom’s Trust & Safety team reviews each request and takes action when an account takeover is confirmed.

Secondly, please know you can be signed in to Zoom on one computer, one tablet, and one phone at a time. If you sign into an additional device while logged into another device of the same type, you will be logged out automatically on the first device. Fix sign-in issues if you are having trouble signing in to Zoom on your desktop, mobile, or browser.

Updating the Zoom client shouldn't remove account set settings nor remove virtual backgrounds unless an Admin or Owner on the account changed the settings within the Zoom Web Portal, or you have made those changes. 

Lastly, I would recommend changing your Zoom password at https://zoom.us/profile and then also click "Sign Me Out From All Devices" at that same page.

*from experience, virtual backgrounds and settings will reset on the client when you uninstall and reinstall the client.

cc @geema1 @BrianZ @5Frank5 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

There is an issue with ZOOM on this. It has happened to me and many friends.  Please take responsibility for ZOOM and help us with a fix

not sure why this was marked as a solution, this is happening to me and my coworks.  is zoom planning on fixing this?

All my settings were set up correctly. This occurred to me when zoom updated to most current version (Version: 5.15.11 (22019)) today. I suspect this was the cause and there may be a bug to fix.

This response is a ridiculous boilerplate response that doesn't address our issue.  No, we have not all been hacked, and if we had been, why would the only effect be for each of us on this thread to have their custom background images deleted, and not something where a hacker does more serious damage to our Zoom account or computer.  RN, your useless answer insults our intelligence.

NS11
Attendee

You want to put new backgrounds, by clicking on the plus and attaching a file. You may want to keep your background (files) saved on your computer, just in case it happens again. This also happened to me and I suspect it's because I was signing in and out, and attending meeting in both status.

HendraK0975
Listener

same case with me. my saved backgrounds are gone after last update. how to fix this problem & get my saved backgrounds again?

sgross
Listener

Brian,

ther is an issue with ZOOM on this. It has happened to me and many friends.  Please take responsibility for ZOOM and help us with a fix