cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meeting record not converting

teebluedevil
Listener

Hi There,

If anyone can help me on converting the Meeting record please? The meeting record is not convert automatically and there're 2 .zoom files available in the meeting record path but nothing happen when double click on it. I've tried to follow the instruction here but nothing help. https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362753-Troubleshooting-local-recording-issues#h_01ERD47...

2 REPLIES 2

Ohkawa
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @teebluedevil 

The article you indicated states that double-clicking does not convert.
Please try the following steps to see if you can convert manually.

Convert using the Zoom desktop client

For versions 4.6.10 or higher, you can't convert local recording files by double-clicking the Zoom files. You must follow the steps below to manually convert the files:

1. Sign in to the Zoom desktop client.
  2. Click the Meetings tab.
  3. Click the Recorded tab.
  4. Select the meeting topic with the local recording.
  5. Click Convert.

If the conversion still fails, check to see if the recording.conf file exists in the folder.
If the recording.conf file is present, manual conversion will not be performed.
This is something that is not mentioned anywhere in the support article and is a behavior we have tested and confirmed, so we cannot guarantee it.
Try moving the recording.conf file out of the holder and then perform a manual conversion.

Please click Accept as Solution if my answer was helpful in resolving the issue.

Ohkawa_0-1668310303277.png

Hi @Ohkawa ,

I've contacted the Zoom support agent and resolved this issue by the step below. However, you're right that this kind of the solution doesn't show anywhere.

1. Start a new meeting.

2. Record that new meeting just a few seconds.

3. End the meeting.

4. Navigate to the new meeting record folder then Delete all the files there.

5. Copy just only the .zoom files from the issued folder to this new record folder.

6. Should click on the .zoom file to start the conversation.