cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

How to transfer the admin-status of a meeting to my colleague?

Mikkoe
Listener

Hi,

I have previously created a recurring meeting without a fixed time and added my colleague there as a co-host. How can I give the "ownership" of that event to my colleague? It would be ok to remove my own admin status regarding this meeting because I'm not facilitating these meetings anymore. We don't want to create a new meeting because we have already shared the link with the participants previously and they should be able to use this same link. Right now, my colleague is added as a co-host, but she can't control polls which would be necessary.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

pieterbotes
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@Mikkoe If you are both licensed and on a Pro Plan, Business or Enterprise account then it should be there.

Just to confirm the process.  Try and follow the below and see if this helps.  Just want to try and make sure she did get to the right page.

She should click on this to go to her profile page.  Please make sure she is correctly logged in on the relevant account:  

My Settings - Zoom

And then click on:  "Other" 

Then the "Schedule Privilege" field should be on the right, slightly down.

pieterbotes_0-1632228783435.png

pieterbotes_1-1632228900443.png

Thanks!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

pieterbotes

Hi @Mikkoe 

You could use scheduling privileges to "transfer" the meeting to the other account.  It is actually a way to schedule a meeting on someone else's behalf but you can also change the owner of the meeting if you have scheduling privileges on their account.  You will most likely want to get that assigned to you temporarily, change the host on the meeting, and then get it taking off again. Also, the new host will want to maybe just update the meeting after it is showing in their account to make sure it shows correctly as from them on any calendar invites you may have out there (optional if calendar invites was not used, but thought I'd mention it).  Here is an article on this:

Scheduling privilege ā€“ Zoom Help Center

Basically, get yourself on the other host account as assigned with scheduling privilege, then change the Host on the top of the meeting (edit scheduled meeting), it should now show on their account and then you can remove your scheduling privilege again.

Thanks!

Hi, and thank you for the help! Could  you still clarify a few things? Here's how I understood your instructions.

1. First, I should go to Account Settings > Meeting Tab > Schedule Priviledge > Assign scheduling privilege to > My colleague
2. After this, I should do what?

pieterbotes

Just to clarify, your colleague needs to assign you scheduling privilege.

Then, go to the scheduled meeting on your Zoom Web portal.  Edit the meeting and right at the top it should have a setting (which will now be visible) called: Host.  There should be a dropdown and your colleague's name should be in the dropdown.

Thanks!

@pieterbotesok thank you. We try this and get back to this thread if we don't succeed.

Mikkoe
Listener

@pieterbotesmy colleague can't find the schedule privilege -part in her settings. Could this be due to lack of rights or what could cause it? She is an admin and a licensed user in our organization.

pieterbotes

@Mikkoe If you are both licensed and on a Pro Plan, Business or Enterprise account then it should be there.

Just to confirm the process.  Try and follow the below and see if this helps.  Just want to try and make sure she did get to the right page.

She should click on this to go to her profile page.  Please make sure she is correctly logged in on the relevant account:  

My Settings - Zoom

And then click on:  "Other" 

Then the "Schedule Privilege" field should be on the right, slightly down.

pieterbotes_0-1632228783435.png

pieterbotes_1-1632228900443.png

Thanks!

Thank you! The issue was solved. We found the right setting and were able to adjust the host of the meeting. By the way, the name of the setting was "Schedule for", not "host".

pieterbotes

@Mikkoe glad this is resolved.  Apologies for the "host" statement as I was typing that out while looking at the "Schedule for" šŸ™ƒ

Thanks!

pieterbotes

@Mikkoe If you don't mind, could you please just mark the accepted solution to finalize this question.  Thank you!

Thanks!