cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to allow alternate host to start the meeting

gauravsontakke
Listener

Hi ,

How to allow alternate host to start the meeting if host is in another zoom meeting.

Currently it doesn't let us start the meeting only allows to end the meeting1. 

Following is the scenario. 

Doctor A is in the meeting with the patient A from 8 to 8.30 am. and he has another meeting scheduled with Patient B from 8.30 to 9 am. But imagine a scenario where first meeting extends for another 2 or 5 minute and patient B is already joined the meeting at 8.30 exactly now he is waiting for host to admit him we would like somehow a scenario where Alternate host can start meeting which was scheduled at 8.30 am admit patient B & then Doctor A can join later. Right now it doesn't work like that. 

Any help is appreciated. 

Thank you

Regards

Gaurav

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer

Hi,

The support link I shared in my previous reply has the answer to your question.

Prerequisites for hosting more than one meeting at the same time

• Licensed user on a Business, Education, or Enterprise account
  • Host must start the meeting
  • Zoom desktop client for Windows, macOS, or Linux: Global minimum versionor higher
  • Zoom mobile app for Android or iOS: Global minimum versionor higher

Note that alternative hosts need to have their own paid licence and be on the same account as the host.

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Frank_TB

Hello,

Doctor A has a Zoom licence that entitles them to have one meeting in effect at a time.

An alternate host cannot start a different meeting while the Doctor's  original meeting is still happening as that would count as two concurrent meetings at the same time which is not allowed. A user can only have one meeting in progress at a time.

"Hosting concurrent, or simultaneous, meetings means that the same user is hosting more than one meeting at the same time, and this capability depends on your account and license type.

Each Basic user and Licensed user on a Pro account is limited to hosting only 1 meeting at a time."

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206122046-Hosting-multiple-meetings-simultaneously 

Regards

gauravsontakke
Listener

Hi, 

Thank you very much for your reply is there any license type which can allow a user to host concurrent meetings ?

Regards

Gaurav

Frank_TB

Hi,

The support link I shared in my previous reply has the answer to your question.

Prerequisites for hosting more than one meeting at the same time

• Licensed user on a Business, Education, or Enterprise account
  • Host must start the meeting
  • Zoom desktop client for Windows, macOS, or Linux: Global minimum versionor higher
  • Zoom mobile app for Android or iOS: Global minimum versionor higher

Note that alternative hosts need to have their own paid licence and be on the same account as the host.

Regards