cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Exclude Accounts from SSO

KendallH
Listener

I want to force SSO logins for all of our zoom accounts, except for certain accounts that require manual login.  How can I exclude these certain accounts from requiring SSO?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sachinzoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Also, Hope your associated domains are approved. Thats a requirement for Single Sign on setup. 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/203395207-Getting-started-with-associated-domains

If you have associated domains, And the role as I mentioned above, you should see the setting to exclude users from SSO sign on.

If this response helps, please accept the answer as an accepted solution, so others can benefit as well.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

sachinzoom

Hello @KendallH 

This can be done via the setting 

• Allow users to sign in with Single Sign-On (SSO): This will allow users to sign in with SSO through your company's vanity URL.
    • (Optional) After enabling this setting, you can also force users to use SSO if you have an associated domain on your account and they are signing in from that specified domain. Click Select Domains to set which domains must sign in with SSO and specify users who can bypass SSO sign-in to use a work email and password sign in. 
      Note: After forcing SSO sign-in for specific domains, work email sign-in methods cannot be created for users in that domain. If needing to create exceptions for certain users, create the work email login type before enforcing SSO sign-in. 

KB: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115005756143-Changing-account-security-settings#h_273b6e9f...

See screenshot: 

sachinzoom_0-1681947291297.png

Add users who may bypass SSO

If this response helps, please accept the answer as an accepted solution, so others can benefit as well.

I dont see that option?

KendallH_0-1681947520619.png

sachinzoom

Hi @KendallH 

Making sure you meet the pre - requisites below and also check if your role has Security privileges.This is a screenshot below from the admin role ( User management -> Roles -> Admin or Owner )

If both are available, You may need to open a support ticket to troubleshoot further. 

sachinzoom_0-1681949259590.png

Prerequisites for changing account security settings

• Pro, Business, Education, or Enterprise account
  • Account owner, admin, or user with a role that has security privileges

It says im an admin.  How can I open a ticket with zoom?

KendallH_0-1681949507365.png

sachinzoom

Hi @KendallH 

Before you do that, Do you have access to Role management ?

User management -> Roles -> Admin or Owner 

If not, you may reach out to the account owner to make sure they grant you security privileges ( Link in the above post ). 

If neither works, You may open a ticket here:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new

I dont see the roles option.  Can only the account owner grant this?  Do I have to be an owner?

sachinzoom

Hi @KendallH 

Yes the owner can grant you both Security and Role Management accesses, which will enable you to administer those features. 

Also, look at my other update.

sachinzoom

Also, Hope your associated domains are approved. Thats a requirement for Single Sign on setup. 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/203395207-Getting-started-with-associated-domains

If you have associated domains, And the role as I mentioned above, you should see the setting to exclude users from SSO sign on.

We're using azure for SSO.  I was able to get it to work.

Mordechai98
Listener

@KendallH wrote:

I want to force SSO logins for all of our zoom accounts, except for certain accounts that require manual login.  How can I exclude these certain accounts from requiring SSO? Heidi Klum at park

You can enforce SSO logins for all your Zoom accounts, except for the specified accounts that you excluded. Users of those specific accounts can continue to log in manually without being redirected to the SSO authentication process.

Remember to review and test the settings thoroughly to ensure that the desired accounts are excluded from SSO enforcement while others are still required to use SSO for logging into Zoom.

dalejohnson
Listener

I hate to jump into this thread, but can I ask a question cause I am looking for something similar.

Can I force Azure SSO for all corporate employees that are in our Azure Tenant automatically and and if the use does not exist in the associated Azure groups will have the option to sign in manually?

We are an adult education company and have a lot of 3rd party instructors that use our ZOOM licenses, but do not have corporate accounts, thus are not part of our AD/AzureAD.

mdi
Listener

I face the same situation here what i do.

1 - activated sso on your tenant with your main domain like compagny.zoom.us.

2 - activated sso for users who need sso ( with csv file enable the sso box while doing import users.

3 - at this step all users sso can connect by sso.

4 - in your main URL domain zoom like ( https://compagny.zoom.us you can customize this page to let no sso users to connect with email/password what i find and do

5 - How to do this : go to web portal admin page> advanced > branding > change the landing page HTML > search the field find "Made With" link to Zoom by "Email/Password" and dont forget to change default url : zoom.us by zoom.us/#singin/login to let no sso users using default zoom tenant to connect with ther email and password and save your change before quiet.