cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How ro use zoom so i can use laptop as a video recorder?

boilerboy22
Listener

Hi,

How can i use zoom so that i can use my laptop as a video recorder?

I can do it at the moment by opening a meeting with myself, and sharing screen, and sharing sound, and hitting record...only problem is the video comes out just a small thumbnail when i play it back. How can i make the video all over the full laptop screen.?

2 REPLIES 2

colegs
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Boilerboy,

If you are not sharing anything on your screen, just record when you join without selecting 'Share Screen' or 'Share Audio' and it will automatically record you and your audio.  If you are sharing something and just want an additional video of just you presenting, go into your profile settings, click on the 'Recordings' tab and select 'Record active speaker, gallery view and shared screen separately'.

If this answers your question, please click on the 'Accept as Solution' button to let us know you are good!

Thanks, though i am just using the free download zoom, and i dont have a "profile" section, so i cannot click it.

Though anyway, thanks, because are you saying that i can just record a meeting and it will give a "full screen" video recording from the laptop camera?