cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Host loses features during a meeting

GRGREEN
Listener

Recently, when hosting a meeting with several (anywhere from seven to forty, I begin to lose features and the ability to do "normal" things.  For example, the microphone icons in the pictures of the guests disappear.  I can no longer open or close windows, like the chat or participant window.  After a while, I may even lose the ability to  move windows around.  Eventually, I quit zoom (force quit on windows 10), and restart and the meeting starts up where I left it, with everyone in place as they were and all the features are back.  (There is another host on the meeting, using the same account that I used / use when starting the meeting.)  I am recording the meeting and using closed captioning.

I never had this problem with zoom before, and I have been using it for over a year.  The only NEW wrinkle here is that this only started once I began to use closed captioning.  Has anyone else had this problem?  And does anyone have any ideas how to correct it?

Thanks,

Green

1 REPLY 1

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @GRGREEN 

Gradual problems after some time with closed captioning does ring a bell. I'll track down exactly what I have heard and  will come back to you here.

In the meantime, are you up-to-date in Zoom - and are the other Hosts in your meetings on a matching version?

It may also be worth checking you are on the 64-bit version of Zoom.

https://zoom.us/client/5.8.0.1324/ZoomInstaller.exe?archType=x64

More soon. Unless anyone else has got any ideas?