Can't open my meeating

4 REPLIES 4

Kooden
Listener

Suddenly I can no longer open my meetings

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @IT_Azure , thank you for contributing to the Zoom Community!

If you receive error code 1142 while joining a meeting, this means either that the country from which you are attempting to join is blocked from the meeting or that the host has only allowed participants from certain countries to join. This option is called Approve or block entry for users from specific countries/regions. 

I suggest for you to get in touch with the host of the meeting to ensure that the said setting is disabled from their end: 

1. Sign in to the Zoom web portal as an admin with the privilege to edit account settings.
  2. In the navigation panel, click Account Management then Account Settings.
  3. Click the Meeting tab.
  4. Under Security, verify that Approve or block entry for users from specific countries/regions is disabled (or configured to allow users from Puerto Rico).
  5. Select Only allow users from selected countries/regions or Block users from selected countries/regions.
  6. In the Countries/Region box, enter the countries/regions that you want to allow or block.
  7. Click Save.

That's it! You should be good to go. 

Detailed information regarding this feature can be found here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360060086231-Joining-from-specific-countries-regions

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Please click Accept as Solution if you found this reply helpful. Thank you!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

We are having a problem that we don't have any countries blocked or allowed. And just recently our clients in Hong Kong can't get on to our meetings. If I enable the countries allowed, do I also have to add the US as an allowed country?

What countries are allowed as the default when the button is not toggled to on?

Stephanie

I also have the same problem. Friends from UAE and Romania can not join (error 1142). I went through step by step to account management as per advice but still does not work. Indeed I did not block any country.

I called technical service and got advice from the voices mailed stating that I am not qualified to receive a life technical support.  Yet I am a yearly paid subscriber with less than 100 ppl. 

Please help zoom.