cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client keeps getting kicked out

KirstenAin
Listener

I am hosting a meeting. Once my client is accepted from the waiting room, he will be in the group and then disappear. In a very short time, he will be back in the meeting without going through the waiting room/admission process.  From his end, he describes it as cycling between being in the meeting and looking at my invitation. This does not happen with any of my other clients. He is using his phone, but I have other clients who use their phones without issue. Can anyone help? I've tried looking into the support, but I haven't found anything helpful. 

I don't want to lose my client, but he is struggling to stay connected because of this issue.

Thanks,

Kirsten

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

This sounds like a network or cellular connection issue. The fact that he’s able to immediately get back in the room sounds like Zoom knows the network connection isn’t totally broken, but either congestion or connectivity on his end is a problem for a brief time.  

The fact that other cellular users are fine might mean they are on better networks. Each person’s connection is different. It’s unlikely that Zoom would single him out for no reason at all. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

Frank_TB

Hello,

Web conferencing requires more than "robust" download speed. The internet connection needs to be stable and also have good upload speed.

Check your Jitter and ping as high latency can impact your connection.

Zoom provides a network connectivity tool;

When troubleshooting network connectivity issues between the Zoom desktop client and Zoom services, the Network Connectivity Tool can run network tests and potentially provide greater insight into network issues.

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0058114 

I recommend a wired ethernet for all Zoom meetings, but if you have no choice then this support article may help.;

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0061805 

Regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Ray_Harwood

This sounds like a network or cellular connection issue. The fact that he’s able to immediately get back in the room sounds like Zoom knows the network connection isn’t totally broken, but either congestion or connectivity on his end is a problem for a brief time.  

The fact that other cellular users are fine might mean they are on better networks. Each person’s connection is different. It’s unlikely that Zoom would single him out for no reason at all. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

ZOOM: I'm also being kicked off frequently - it automatically allows me to come back after a moment. But when I'm teaching on line it's a huge hassle. When we check download speed it looks very robust. We have added routers to try to fix this problem but it doesn't fix anything permanently. 

Frank_TB

Hello,

Web conferencing requires more than "robust" download speed. The internet connection needs to be stable and also have good upload speed.

Check your Jitter and ping as high latency can impact your connection.

Zoom provides a network connectivity tool;

When troubleshooting network connectivity issues between the Zoom desktop client and Zoom services, the Network Connectivity Tool can run network tests and potentially provide greater insight into network issues.

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0058114 

I recommend a wired ethernet for all Zoom meetings, but if you have no choice then this support article may help.;

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0061805 

Regards