cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chinese users unable to enter meetings

jeridawnm
Listener

Hello.  I tutor Chinese children daily.  Yesterday and today, several students have been unable to enter the meetings.  One parent sent the error code 13215.  Has something happened that I am unaware of?  I can still enter meetings fine on my end (USA).  Any solutions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

VA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

To enjoy uninterrupted access, users in China are encouraged to upgrade to a licensed version of Zoom. In order to resolve Error Code 13215, the host will need to upgrade to a paid account, or the person experiencing the error code will need to sign into a paid Zoom account and then join the meeting. 

Virginia (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

View solution in original post

67 REPLIES 67

Are the China clients paid users?

ag7109
Listener

I had  the same issue , I am a paid zoom user,  it keeps for days.

qzb5399
Listener

I have the same issue with my paid account. Please fix it.

CO_S
Listener

Same issue for me today. Do people find VooV works? I can't ask my students to all pay for an account!

Same here. I guess I will check out Voov or another platform. This is a huge disappointment.

RuthChen
Listener

I have the same issue since 9/4 and today 9/11 the problem exists. People from China cannot join the meeting....

SallyFel
Listener

I have more shocking condition. I have a zoom paid account that I have used almost 2 years. For these 2 years all China colleagues can join just fine, without any problem. But recently I have to change the account to a new zoom paid account and starting from that my China colleagues cannot join with this new account. I have searched the difference in setting but found none.

Until now if I use the previous zoom account it is still can work, my colleagues in China can join just fine. But if using the new account, they cannot join.

Weird.

Still figuring what's going on.

Hi Sally, your case is interesting. I have a similar issue. May I know more about what you mean by "I have to change the account to a new paid Zoom account"? Did you create a new zoom account and purchase a new license? or did you upgrade your license (e.g. from Pro to Business) within the same account? 

I used to host Zoom meetings from my free Zoom account and China participants had no issue joining. But I upgraded my free account to Pro account in Apr 2023. I am not sure if that is a factor. But it doesn't make sense if that's the factor, because the Support team told me that a paid Zoom version will be able to host meetings for China participants...

Thanks Sally, I have exactly the same issue! I have spent hours looking for solutions but all to no avail. Is your case resolved now?

JohnsonSmith
Attendee

All my customers in China cannot join in meeting Room with Error 13215

They use Mobile App (both Android and iPhone)

but my customers from other countries work fine with Zoom. and can join in my meeting

Zoom should solve it ASAP  or refund

Zoom must reply your customers, I believe Zoom have  a high respect company

glkjxyc
Listener

The problem has not been solved since early September. Is it possible to cancel the subscription?

YMG
Listener

I am experiencing the same issue as the host.   I have a ZoomPro account. My students used to be able to join me from China, but the service has been stopped since two weeks ago.  Ca not reach any zoom support for the Error code 13215 issue.  Does anybody know how to resolve this?

I suggest you report it to support team with a support ticket

Anyone who live in US may send a letter  to Zoom company

I got their reply

it may be solved either Case A  I need to host with a paid account

( For we are using Zoom Pro which is a paid account)

or Case B  the join-in user has a paid-account 

( For I try using another paid account login Zoom in China, it fails)

so now, Zoom must provide any solution to us who paid Zoom product and  service

have you tried these options:
1. let your Chinese clients download zoom from https://www.zoom.us/download, not from any site inside China
2.check your zoom account type, which type you are using now, pro? business? enterprise?
3.set your account's Data & Storage center. if not include China, participants in China will not join into that meeting you hosted

i find an article but i'm not sure it helps, https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360042411451

thanks for offer these suggestions. Regarding the third one - set your account's data and storage center, I went to my account setting, but there were no option of choosing China as one of the data centers. See in the picture below. I was wondering: did you have an option of China as a data center in your account? 

yes i have that option for now. but my account is about to expire within this month, i don't know if this option is still available for the next purchase.  looks like they removed that feature

i heard that they will permanently deactivate accounts logged in from China even the account was paid for, and China data center setup option is only for Enterprise account. but i am still not sure for that193727.png

so for now, do you have the issue of not being able to have China participants attend your Zoom meeting? 

no, it works fine. attendees do not need to upgrade their accounts or get some error code like 12315 while joining the meeting

now with China data center being removed. i think this issue will keep showing up

Thanks. Good to know. So what makes your current account has the option to choose China as a data center? Are you using an enterprise plan? I'm asking the Zoom support team the question about what makes a Zoom account has the access to connect with China data center. They haven't got back to me. 

my account is an Educational type with 300 participants, and i don't know why it's working fine, here are some of my guesses for your consideration:

1. user policy changes don't affect previous accounts

2. China data center is isolated from the rest. which means the data is not synchronized with others

that's all i know and guess, hope it helps

LeviH
Listener

我所在的同一家公司的其他经理,在用ZOOM带领中国客户开会的时候,就没有遇到上述问题。而我和楼上的小伙伴一样,我是北美ZOOM付费用户,只能邀请除中国以外其他地区的客户一同参加会议,而中国客户给的是“13215”的反馈。求解!

No one can help, because this is a restriction specifically targeted at participants from China by ZOOM. They must upgrade to a paid subscription in order to join the meeting, while participants from other regions do not need to.

Renewal
Listener

can anybody share how to cancel the account and get a full refund due to its restrictions on users in China?

You can summit a ticket for refund here

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new

YiliXia
Listener

This might have worked out the zoom problem - you need to *retype your name* when you type in the Meeting ID every time as you sign in - then it works! The password to be put in will pop out! 

Yili,

Tried your suggestion but still no luck... Is it random or you succeeded every time by this? Much appreciated!

反复输入名字好多次也不行呀,还是13215。有什么更好的尝试建议吗?非常感谢!

jhon3487
Listener

i think the chines have not paid version. alquiler de concentrador de oxígeno guatemala