cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attendee Freeze Video during One-on-One Meetings

Sridley
Listener

This issue just started two weeks ago. When I am in a one-on-one Zoom meeting, regardless of who initiates it, the other attendee's screen freezes. If either of us share our screens, it no longer freezes. When we stop sharing, the freezing occurs again. If they stop showing their video for a moment and show their video again, they will unfreeze for few seconds. Then they will freeze again. Because I host several meetings, this is a problem. Based on Zoom's suggestions from our chats, I uninstalled Zoom, reinstalled it to the 64 bit program, and tried it on a LAN line. They are not sure what my problem is, but I need to rectify this problem. This is not a connectivity issue because it happens with everyone I meet with and has only been doing this since the beginning of the month. I even got a stronger modem. Please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hjams247
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

Hi there! Could you try adjusting the video settings in Zoom Client->Settings->Video->Advanced -> Uncheck Receiving Video in the section (Use hardware acceleration for)

zoomhs247_0-1628877639933.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

hjams247
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

Hi there! Could you try adjusting the video settings in Zoom Client->Settings->Video->Advanced -> Uncheck Receiving Video in the section (Use hardware acceleration for)

zoomhs247_0-1628877639933.png

Thank you. I just did what you suggested. I will try to find someone to test it on. Oh, thank you!

Hello again. I Zoomed with three people after implementing your suggested fix. Thank you again, so much!

Thanks, having the same issue, just tried your solution and receiving video was ticked. 😊

tj19
Listener

Same problem, started last week. It is an issue on my laptop (HP Envy) but not my ipad. It was an issue while hotspotting too so ruling out my internet. 

The solution worked for me. It was actually an issue with my desktop, not Zoom. Look at zoomhs247's response above. Worked like a charm.  I am so happy. This was such a problem for me.

Observer