cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Summit (UK) why does my preview say only US users can register?

ClareHodkinson
Listener

I have create my first (free) Zoom Summit in Events. I have yet to complete the summit setup but was concern that as a UK account holder in the Preview I see a message that only US users can register.

"This event is open to users located in the US only."

The documentation does not seem to support that only US users can register for summits. Please can someone tell me how to check that the countries I wish to invite attendees from can register?

The account is UK hosted. Attendees from UK, Brazil, South Africa, Germany, Kenya, Cameroon, Jamaica, Nigeria. I cannot see any mention of these countries being restricted from registering for a free summit.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It seems the message regarding US only attendees was visible only on the minimised view of the preview screen. Once the preview was expanded to full size, there was a clickable link showing all the countries able to register for the event.

So panic over!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @ClareHodkinson 

Here is the Geographic availability for Zoom Events, but I do not see that it answers your problem exactly. 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4403179347341

Do you have a UK billing address, and a UK IP address?

Rupert

Hi @Rupert 

Thank you, yes I have looked at the Geographical availability and as far as I can interpret it, there should be no reason why attendees from the our target countries can not register for a free event.

Yes, my billing address is UK as is my IP. 

Perhaps it is a quirk of the preview screen? Just a little concerned I will have to set up the entire event before testing out if registration will work for non-US attendees. Any advice on how I should proceed?

It seems the message regarding US only attendees was visible only on the minimised view of the preview screen. Once the preview was expanded to full size, there was a clickable link showing all the countries able to register for the event.

So panic over!