cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Events ticketing

Loriann1
Listener

I'm looking at Zoom Events as an option for a one day conference. We would have webinars, breakout room sessions similar to Zoom Meetings, Networking events, etc. We need to be able to limit audience involvement for some sessions and have everything totally open to them in another. Zoom Events seems to work for what we need.

I've chatted with a sales person who copied and pasted a bunch of info and I've looked through all of that and the video about the product as well as the Zoom Events landing page. I have not found the answer to one of my basic questions.

As I watched the video, he explained how to setup hubs, sessions, and summits. As part of the setup, you set parameters for ticketing. Can you set it up for one ticket that gets you into the conference and you can move from one session to another? Or would there be separate tickets for each session/speaker/event and the attendees have to keep leaving the platform and clicking on a new link each time they change sessions?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Dan_ZoomSE
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @Loriann1,

With Zoom Events a user “purchases” a “ticket”  (free or paid) and that is used to get into the Event, Conference, etc.  Once they have entered the Event Lobby they can move around in and out of different sessions through the course of the Event.

Their “ticket” is also specific to the email address they used to register for the event, so they cannot share it with others.  Events does not use typical Zoom join links.

I would recommend reaching back out to your sales person and ask for a demo.  A Solutions Engineer can give you a deep dive into the creation of an event, the lobby and join experience, etc.

If this has answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

Dan_ZoomSE

@Loriann1,

I just confirmed this with a colleague.   Yes, you can add new sessions to an Event that is already begun.

If this has answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Dan_ZoomSE

Hello @Loriann1,

With Zoom Events a user “purchases” a “ticket”  (free or paid) and that is used to get into the Event, Conference, etc.  Once they have entered the Event Lobby they can move around in and out of different sessions through the course of the Event.

Their “ticket” is also specific to the email address they used to register for the event, so they cannot share it with others.  Events does not use typical Zoom join links.

I would recommend reaching back out to your sales person and ask for a demo.  A Solutions Engineer can give you a deep dive into the creation of an event, the lobby and join experience, etc.

Thanks!

Can you confirm you can do breakout rooms  inside a session that is set up a meeting 

Loriann1
Listener

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your prompt response!

In Zoom Events, can we set up Meetings on the fly, during the event? Like if we wanted an impromptu breakout session for a specific reason, can we just add it to one of the Hubs?  Or does everything have to be set up before the event begins?

Thanks

Dan_ZoomSE

@Loriann1 ,

My understanding is that you should be able to edit an Event in progress and add new sessions (as long as they are not in the past).  I haven't tested this to confirm yet but am working on that.

Thanks!

Dan_ZoomSE

@Loriann1,

I just confirmed this with a colleague.   Yes, you can add new sessions to an Event that is already begun.

Thanks!