cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Zoom as a Live Stream Tool

SolvangJim
Listener

Hello,

Since the webinar attendees has been changed from 100 to 500 attendees, I am planning on using Zoom as my live stream tool when we begin in-person webinars sometime in the future. Can that be done or do I have to use Facebook Live or YouTube to accomplish this? I would prefer to use Zoom and set up live streaming this way. Does anyone have any recommendations for a camera, PC, and software required? What inputs are required to do this -- HDMI or what?

Thank you for your input.

Jim Patin

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @SolvangJim, you can use both! If you haven't yet I'd look into the Live streaming meetings or webinars on YouTube therefore participants that haven't joined the Webinar or can't access the live stream of the webinar.

After you've looked into that KB article, this should clear some things up on how live stream services work with Zoom. 

If you go to https://zoom.us/hardware, to the side you can see recommended Audio, Cameras, Video Sound Bars, Controllers, Computers, etc. 

I'd also look into the Getting started with webinar KB as well to better guide you on getting started with our webinars! 

I hope this provides you with some guidance! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

View solution in original post

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @SolvangJim, just checking in on my reply to see if that provided some guidance!

If so, great! Just don't forget to click that 'accept as solution' button. Thanks! 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @SolvangJim, you can use both! If you haven't yet I'd look into the Live streaming meetings or webinars on YouTube therefore participants that haven't joined the Webinar or can't access the live stream of the webinar.

After you've looked into that KB article, this should clear some things up on how live stream services work with Zoom. 

If you go to https://zoom.us/hardware, to the side you can see recommended Audio, Cameras, Video Sound Bars, Controllers, Computers, etc. 

I'd also look into the Getting started with webinar KB as well to better guide you on getting started with our webinars! 

I hope this provides you with some guidance! 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Thanks for the information. It is definitely helpful.

But can Zoom be the only program to do the live stream or is YouTube required to live stream?

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @SolvangJim Youtube, Facebook, and any other custom live stream service platform is required to stream Zoom live without giving out meeting details to attendees. 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @SolvangJim, just checking in on my reply to see if that provided some guidance!

If so, great! Just don't forget to click that 'accept as solution' button. Thanks! 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his