cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to capture the participation time of webinar attendees.

y-shimada
Listener

I have a question about capturing the participation time of ZOOM webinar attendees.

We will be directing ZOOM webinar attendees to an external survey form where they will be given a confirmation test on the webinar content. We would like to include the time spent on the webinar in the results.

We would like to retrieve the webinar information via API, but is it possible to retrieve the webinar participation time from the ZOOM ID?

If you have any documentation such as a list of information that can be retrieved, it would be appreciated. 

The flow I am envisioning is as follows

(1) Webinar will be held on ZOOM.

(2) Direct the ZOOM webinar attendees to the confirmation test form.

(3) Ask them to enter their ZOOM ID in the form.

(4) Ask them to answer the confirmation test.

(5) After the confirmation test, output the test results to CSV for tallying (we want to add the ZOOM participation time to this CSV).

(7) Judge the completion result based on the results of the confirmation test and ZOOM participation time in the tally.

(8) A certificate of completion will be issued based on the aggregate results.

I'm looking forward to working with you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jaredallen
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @y-shimada, welcome to the Zoom Community.

The following REST API endpoint provides a JSON response containing a participant report for the webinar.

GET /report/webinars/{webinarId}/participants

The report contains the User ID, Join Time, Leave Time and Duration for each participant. Additional documentation is available here:  https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/reports/reportwebinarparticipants

A Zoom Pro plan (or higher) with a Webinar add-on enabled is required.

Does this answer your question? If so, don’t forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution! 

Alternatively, let me know if I can be of any further assistance?

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

jaredallen

Hi @y-shimada, welcome to the Zoom Community.

The following REST API endpoint provides a JSON response containing a participant report for the webinar.

GET /report/webinars/{webinarId}/participants

The report contains the User ID, Join Time, Leave Time and Duration for each participant. Additional documentation is available here:  https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/reports/reportwebinarparticipants

A Zoom Pro plan (or higher) with a Webinar add-on enabled is required.

Does this answer your question? If so, don’t forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution! 

Alternatively, let me know if I can be of any further assistance?