cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avoid Servers Not Located In The EU

Dirk
Listener

How can I avoid my webinar attendees being directed through servers that are not in the EU? Many firewall admins of my clients block IP addresses accordingly. When I try to gray out US data centers on my profile, I get "This cannot be changed because you cannot disable the data center region where your account is provisioned." I can't find the button to move my account to a different data center region.

7 REPLIES 7

TIKA
Listener

Here is a link that may provide a solution

Selecting data enter - regions 

This is not helpful. You just confirm my problem by saying "Your default region, which is the region where your account was provisioned, will be locked." This is exactly my problem. How can I change my default region?

Sorry Dirk..

Maybe another approach is to activate the Zoom Chat Bot Assistant, when the bot comes up - type the word HUMAN and a person will join the chat and maybe they can help you.

You are an observer. So I assume that you are an employee of ZOOM, right? Maybe you can find a colleague in the ZOOM organization who has enough knowledge to answer the question how I can change my default region.

I have the same problem right now. I need to uncheck the US from data center regions. Did you find any solution since August?

No. Unfortunately not.

ZOOM does not seem to regard this feature as useful.

The problems seems to be that ZOOM technically cannot avoid routing traffic through the US if your account data is stored in the US.

So I wanted ZOOM to move my account data to the EU.

However, a "normal" support agent is not able to do that. There is no button for the task. And support agents have no access to knowledgable experts or admins.

If you find a solution pls let me know.

I need the same answer