cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

share screen linux wayland broken

franciscolucas
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi, I just installed Zoom client 6.1 on openSuSE and screen sharing is not showing any option anymore on Basic, but only under Advance tab, and there in this one I can only select Screen Portion, but also cannot confirm the screen sharing. Please fix it or let me know how to downgrade to previous version. Thanks in advance!

6 REPLIES 6

megian
Newcomer
Newcomer

Same for Arch.

$ pacman -Ss pipewire | grep installed
extra/helvum 0.5.1-1 [installed]
extra/libpipewire 1:1.0.7-2 [installed]
extra/libwireplumber 0.5.3-1 [installed]
extra/pipewire 1:1.0.7-2 [installed]
extra/qemu-audio-pipewire 9.0.1-1 [installed]
extra/wireplumber 0.5.3-1 [installed]

Gnome 46.0-1

crohmann
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have the same issue with Arch after updating to 6.1.0.
I can add to the bug report that a pop up is shown saying:

Can not start share, we only support Wayland on GNOME with Ubuntu 17 and above, Fedora 25 and above, Debian 9 and above, Centos 8 [...] Arch Linux, AnterGos, Manjaro.
If your OS is not on the list, please use x11 instead.

When I set XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP=gnome before starting Zoom screen sharing is offered, but only for a portion of the screen, no windows or whole screens even.

FlyingBuzz
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi everyone!
Same error window emerged for me on Arch x86_64 KDE 6.1 after upgrading Zoom to 6.1.

A workaround mentioned by @crohmann results in ability to share only a portion of the screen.

crohmann
Newcomer
Newcomer

There are some more details / analysis happening in the Arch AUR: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/zoom#comment-978966

The latest issues with screen sharing seem to stem from xdg-desktop-portal. I made some partial progress: As other noted, setting XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP=gome restores the dialog, but there are no sharing options. Logs show Zoom looks for /usr/libexec/xdg-desktop-portal (arch has it under /usr/lib). Adding a corresponding symlink /usr/libexec/xdg-desktop-portal -> /usr/lib/xdg... restores the options as well. But they don't work for me (with sway). The second I select an option an try to share I get this in the logs: "ListModel2<T, Key>::getItemIndex(): key not exists!" (SIC) I got no further for now. Posting in the hopes that it helps someone with more xdg-desktop-portal and Zoom foo.

NRobertson

This is still an issue. Downgraded to 6.0.12-1 and it works again.

Is anyone at zoom working on this?

Olical

Also experiencing this on Arch + KDE Plasma with Wayland since the latest update.

Linux 6.6.34-1-lts #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Sun, 16 Jun 2024 14:45:31 +0000 x86_64 GNU/Linux