Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation failed due to an error

anna27
Newcomer
Newcomer
please help!

I have had Zoom for 3 years. When I tried to update Zoom, an error arose. So I decided to uninstall the app from my MacBook. Now I want to install it again and I get the message: Installation failed. The installation failed due to an error. Contact the software manufacturer.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

VA
Community Moderator | Employee

Hi @anna27 and welcome to the community! Please try going into Settings > Privacy and Security > Files and Folders, then clicking on the arrow to the left of installer, which brings up the option to allow access to the downloads folder. Toggle that on to allow access, then try to install again and let me know if that works. There's a solution for this provided by LC8 in this community thread.

Virginia
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

VA

Hi @anna27 and welcome to the community! Please try going into Settings > Privacy and Security > Files and Folders, then clicking on the arrow to the left of installer, which brings up the option to allow access to the downloads folder. Toggle that on to allow access, then try to install again and let me know if that works. There's a solution for this provided by LC8 in this community thread.

Virginia
Zoom Community Team

omg thank u so much...it worked!!

VA

Very happy to hear it! 😊

Virginia
Zoom Community Team