Introducing the new Zoom Community Champion Program where we recognize our most engaged community members for their contributions.

Learn more and join
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horizontal lines

zakratis
Listener

Hi,

after last update I have a problem. My video has two horizontal lines which disturb during meetings. My camera works properly with other programms. Is there anything I can do to fix it?

4 REPLIES 4

Ekta_Mutyalwar
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @zakratis ,

Please could you try the below setting and see if that helps:

Log in to Zoom client --> Home --> Settings --> Video setting  -->  unchecked the "original ratio" from the video settings of your zoom client app --> Quit the app --> Reopen again.

If you still see the issue, please could you confirm the OS and the zoom client version you are using? 

Regards,

Ekta

thanks a lot,  now it works!

Hello @Ekta_Mutyalwar,

I have a similar issue. Glitchy horizontal lines appear when using zoom. The lines do not appear when using my camera with other apps. I tried the settings you recommended to Zakratis but they did not work. OS is Windows 10 Pro, Zoom client is 5.7.8

Any help is appreciated!

Elliott

I've had this problem for months now.  It only happens on Zoom, not on Teams or any other video software as far as I can tell.  It's intermittent, sometimes I see it on Zoom/Settings/Video when I toggle HD on/ off.

Sometimes during calls when the problem is really bad and I have lots of horizontal lines running across, turning HD on and off won't fix it.  But HD has a different crop area, and I noticed that turning HD on and off won't change my camera image, it's almost like it gets stuck in HD mode.  Sometimes it will change it to low-res and then it swaps back to HD automatically.  And why shouldn't it work in HD anyway?

This is driving me crazy, it's really irritating when it happens during a presentation.

I'm on an Dell Alienware laptop with an integrated camera, on Windows 10 Pro 21H2, Zoom version 5.10.4 (5035) - but it's been happening on previous versions as well.

So far I've tried:

• Deleting the camera and driver on device manager, reinstalling both
  • Windows Updates
  • Deleting and reinstalling Zoom