cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gallery pictures have become tiny

BarbaraBW
Listener

Since the new year, gallery pictures have become tiny.  I was just on a call with 6 people.  Each gallery picture was 25% the normal size.  This was not happening to the other participants.  I am not the host. How do I correct this on my Windows ?

19 REPLIES 19

Jennife
Participant | Zoom Employee

Hi @mike85 

May I have your Zoom version and system information, especially the machine type and graphic card driver version?

Thank you!

Hi @Jennife,

thanks for your reply.

The machine is a Lenovo Thinkpad with the following components:

• The processor is a intel i5-4200U with 1.6 Ghz and 4 Cores
  • The graphic card is a "Intel HD Graphics Family"
  • The installed Zoom Version is 5.17.2

Also see: https://community.zoom.com/t5/Meetings/Since-I-updated-to-5-17-2-gallery-thubmails-remain-black-with...

Here is a screenshot of the componets:

components.PNG

This is what the gallery looks like:

zoom_gallery.jfif

Thanks and best regards,

Mike

Was there a resolution to this question on making the profile photo larger?

Hi. There have been several requests for help with this issue since it was raised in january and it seems unresolved. Is the team any further in finding a solution?

Jennife

Hi,

May I have your Zoom version and system information, especially the machine type and graphic card driver version?

Thank you!

Was there a solution to this problem please?

Jennife

@KabbRob @SKPY1 Hi, we are investigating this issue but no luck in reproducing it, so we hope users can provide more details on this problem to debug it. Could you please submit a ticket to Zoom support? 

Can i nag you to find a solution please? 

BarbaraBW
Listener

I have opened this as TS0420032 .  It only happens with server updates 5.17 and higher.  I can go back to 5.15.12 and everything is great...until and automated update occurs (like 5.17.34827 and I get the same tiny screen shots.

I am working with Frederick F on this.

It appears there are others with similar issues.

Have never had a problem before.  Discovered the same problem just today - 20th March.  How do you go back to a previous update 5.15.12?  I am on a pc with Windows 10 and use Firefox browser.

DarrenS
Listener

I am having the exact same issue.  It has been occurring since the most recent update.  When I go into Gallery View, each participant is one fourth of the size previous.  It has made Gallery View worthless.  

Jennife

@DarrenS Hi, Could you please submit a ticket to Zoom support? 

DarrenS
Listener

I have created ticket TS0911643 

This is a very annoying problem and really makes gallery view useless.  I host Zoom meetings daily and usually have 2 to 10 participants.  No one can see others on gallery view and speaker view is not useful.

DarrenS
Listener

Additionally, this problem does not occur if I'm connected to Zoom on my laptop.  The use of gallery view in breakout rooms works as it always has.  However, when I use Zoom through the app on a mini pc attached to a television in a conference room, I have the problem described above.  I have tried Zoom on multiple different mini pcs on five different televisions and they all have this problem since the update.  Never before.  

Having the same problem. Also started in the last two weeks. Also using a mini PC into a tv. Reinstallation didn't make any difference. Quite annoying. 

I still have an open ticket with Zoom support trying to remedy this problem.  That ticket has been open for nearing one month with no answers.  I decided to replace all of the mini PCs I use to host Zoom in my office with more expensive, newer equipment.  This change in hardware fixed the problem.   Gallery view thumbnails are now back to normal size.  The most recent update must have changed some system requirements which outpaced my mini PCs which were purchased a little over 2 1/2 years ago.  I have reported this to Zoom and hope they will continue to investigate the problem.

Jugreen
Listener

I have the same issue. Mini PC running windows 10.

Shar26
Listener

I am having the same issue ever since i ran the last update.