cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error message when trying to Add a Zoom meeting in Outlook calendar

zarafa101
Listener

I'm getting this message when I click on Add a Zoom meeting in an Outlook calendar:

"featureId or user is empty, featureId:GroupHD_1080P Dismiss"

Why am I getting this message?   How do I get past this?

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Zara_2800
Listener

I've had success by going to the Zoom meeting settings, while in the Outlook invitation creation.

A sidebar opens up on the right side with a big blue button on top to add a Zoom meeting.

It has worked this way the 5 times I've done it.

View solution in original post

Navillus
Listener

In Outlook plugin, the 'Add a Zoom Meeting' button has failed for the last month.  However, if you click the 'Settings' button next to the 'Add a Zoom Meeting', there's a blue 'Add Zoom Meeting' button in 'Settings' which has worked for me every time.  

I used to have to log out and back into the Zoom plugin for a workaround, but the issue would happen again within a few days. I found that uninstalling Outlook client and reinstalling it will fix the issue. The error seems to be related to the Outlook client and not the user profile itself. Haven't had to log into the Zoom plugin after reinstallation.

Hope this helps!

37 REPLIES 37

willyum000
Listener

Sign out and sign back in the addin.
Be advised, this will likely happen again.

I have yet to find a permanent solution and Zoom support has not been helpful.

I used to have to log out and back into the Zoom plugin for a workaround, but the issue would happen again within a few days. I found that uninstalling Outlook client and reinstalling it will fix the issue. The error seems to be related to the Outlook client and not the user profile itself. Haven't had to log into the Zoom plugin after reinstallation.

Hope this helps!

I will also give this a try. Thank you.

LisaHowe
Listener

I have tried that too; and it still does not allow me to do this anymore.  I have to start to schedule in the Zoom app and then the outlook invite appears.  Not sure why this is happening; and is frustrating when trying to create a meeting ASAP to send out to clients.

SAJ2
Listener

I've got the same issue.  Will Zoom notify us when the issue has been resolved?

willyum000
Listener

@SAJ2 No, they will not notify you.

@LisaHowe, remove the add-in from Outlook and readd see if that helps

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @zarafa101 @jdavis @willyum000 @thePRLwood @SAJ2 after reviewing recent cases handled by our Zoom Support team, users have reported that logging out and signing back in to both Outlook and Zoom resolves the issue. I'm monitoring the cases that come in, but I haven't seen anything yet that has been escalated to our engineering teams for further investigation. If there are any updates to this discussion, I will keep everyone informed.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Logging out and back into Outlook and Zoom is not resolving this issue for me. Incredibly frustrating.

Having the same issue.  Uninstalled Zoom and the Outlook Plugin and reinstalled and still the same problem.

It's ridiculous that I'm paying for Zoom and haven't been able to schedule a call with anyone for 3 weeks now.

There's enough people having he problem why hasn't Zoom felt the need to do something about it.

Hello, try the Zoom meeting settings, once your Outlook invite window is opened up.

When you click on the settings, a dialogue box opens up to the right of the screen with the option to add a zoom meeting.  Its worked 5/5 times I've used it so far

Hi this has been an issue for me and many other users for a while now and needs to be escalated to the engineering team otherwise what is the point of me/others paying for a service, for business, that we can not use? 

thePRLwood
Listener

Same issue on our side, re-installing the add-in didn't do much but signing out and signing back into both the add-in and the desktop application seems to have gotten us around the issue for the time being. 

good to know

jdavis
Listener

I'm having the same issue.  Logging out and signing back in both Outlook and Zoom is a temporary fix, but not long term.  Hope Zoom support addresses this issue soon.

Navillus
Listener

Same issue here.  Looks like the last software update didn't help.  Very frustration and slowing my work progress.

CarolGalle
Listener

I am having the same issue. So frustrating!

Zara_2800
Listener

I've had success by going to the Zoom meeting settings, while in the Outlook invitation creation.

A sidebar opens up on the right side with a big blue button on top to add a Zoom meeting.

It has worked this way the 5 times I've done it.

Bozwot
Listener

Same issue as well!  I've tried every step-uninstall, signout, readd, reinstall, etc.  The problem persists. 

pharrison
Listener

We've started noting this issue on our work accounts. Please advise of a fix. Version: 5.15.6 (19959)

pj360
Listener

Having the same issues. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the plug in but no luck.

Squash74
Listener

I was getting the same issues and I changed from SSO to email address and password, signed out and then in again and so far so good.

How are you able to do that? I've tried but couldn't find any option to actually switch back to email/password from SSO

I did the following

1. Click on your account (top right)

2. Scroll down to Sign in section (see attached screenshot)

3. Edit that sign-in

Note at first it felt like it was going to create a brand new account and I cancelled the process teh first time but then when I did go through with the process all my recordings etc. remained and I didn't have to change anything :).

Navillus
Listener

In Outlook plugin, the 'Add a Zoom Meeting' button has failed for the last month.  However, if you click the 'Settings' button next to the 'Add a Zoom Meeting', there's a blue 'Add Zoom Meeting' button in 'Settings' which has worked for me every time.  

This is the only thing that works for me now as well. And it has to be the "Settings" option, not the top level "zoom" button OR the "Add a zoom meeting" option. You must click "settings", get the sidebar and use that to add the meeting.

cgaines04
Listener

Was a solution provided for trying to add Zoom to my Outlook meeting notice?  I'm getting that same error message.  "featureId or user is empty, featureId:GroupHD_1080P Dismiss"

Thank you,

Chandra Gaines 

zoom-key-west
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Having the same issue. Restarting Outlook fixes for a bit. I'm now logging out of Zoom, removing the add-in and getting back set up which I expect based on this support thread will temp fix but looking forward to acknowledgement from Zoom that this is an issue and a fix has been released.

lsmith_haley
Listener

I am having the same issue and I cannot work efficiently continuously restarting my apps all the time. Additionally now my sound no longer works since this issue. In fact restarting both is not working for me any longer. Is there a specific quit/restart order here?

lsmith_haley
Listener

I'm curious why this topic is marked "solved"? Was the solution for people to continuously restart their apps?

GP127001
Listener

Zoom Support Sent me these Steps and they worked for me:

Can you please follow the steps below?

1. Close the Outlook Desktop Application (make sure it's not running in the background).

2. Close the Zoom Desktop Application (also not running in the background)

3. Open Zoom Desktop Application and login to it.

4. Open Outlook Desktop Application and attempt to schedule a Zoom meeting again.

Thanks, but this does not work.

lsmith_haley
Listener

Sadly, this no longer works for me. It did at first, but not any longer. This is what I get when adding a meeting in outlook.

Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 3.03.19 PM.png

After you reinstall Outlook, if you create a Zoom meeting and see you're still logged into the Zoom plugin, log out of it, sign back in, delete the created zoom meeting and start a new one. It should disappear after. 

Also note, if your company has SSO enabled, sign into the plugin with SSO and not regular email.

Hope this helps!

KNIFECЯIME
Listener

Just here to say SAME. Annoying that the button on the toolbar that specifically adds a zoom meeting doesn't work but going to settings and adding a meeting does. Thankfully Microsoft pulls this kind of thing all the time so people are used to convoluted, nonsense workarounds like this as part of their day-to-day.

Weird thing was - User didn't even appear to have the Zoom Outlook plugin installed, is the plugin now part of the Zoom client?

Vkurit
Listener

The Zoom add-in is taking longer than expected.
Zoom in processing your message ".

1. Office 365 and Zoom both are the latest version
2. Remove Zoom Add-in and add again but the issue remains
3. Sign out and sign in from the Outlook account
4. Restarted PC several times  but no luck 

Only MacBook users getting this error, Is there any Windows user who has a similar issue?

jandrews
Listener

Does Zoom have a solution for this?  I'm about ready to bail on Zoom and give in to Teams. Issues never seem to get fixed and none of the user discovered workarounds are working for me.

They have offered nothing, as all support here is automated. As a user above mentioned:
However, if you click the 'Settings' button next to the 'Add a Zoom Meeting', there's a blue 'Add Zoom Meeting' button in 'Settings' which has worked for me every time.

This is the only thing that works for me. And it has to be the "Settings" option, not the top level "zoom" button OR the "Add a zoom meeting" option that is in that dropdown. You must click down into "settings", get the sidebar and use the option from the sidebar to add the meeting/meeting details. It's a pain, but it works.