cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Zoom keeps asking participants for password although everyone has the link

zoom
Newcomer
Newcomer

I created a zoom meeting. There is a security saction where you have to choose al least 1 of 3 options and the default one (that I always choose) is "anyone with the meeting passcode or the link can join the meeting".

However sometimes it asks the attendees the put the passcode in order to join and I don't understand why. I tought maybe it's becasue I myself didn't join the meeting yet but that should not be the problem since I made a colleague a host as well when I created the meeting, and  Zoom required a password of him as well.

Does that mean the creator of the meeting always need to attend even when other users are the hosts?

4 REPLIES 4

storyhub
Community Champion | Customer

Your use of terminology here is confusing.

"Only users who have the invite link or passcode can join the meeting" - this is a passcode not a password.

When the host SIGNS IN a password is required.

When a user JOINS a meeting a passcode is required.

The password is for the account.

By default the passcode generated by Zoom is unique for each meeting, but can be manually changed.

The meeting needs to be started by a LICENSED USER in the account by signing in to the account on the web or on a client then starting the meeting. Once the meeting is running any participant can be made the host and the original host can leave the meeting.

If the meeting has been created with the option "allow participants to join at anytime" then any participant with the host key can designate themself as the host.

If there are more than one licensed user on the account then an alternate meeting host can be set using any licensed user. Unlicensed users (basic - free account users) can not be designated.

thank you for the answer. You're right, I meant passcode each time I wrote password. from what I understand a link to a zoom meeting already includes the passcode withnin so I don't understand why it's required from the participants. Do you mean a licensed user need to start the meeting? that's also weird since my collegue is a licensed user as well and yet Zoom asked him to put the passcode

You could share the link with the passcode to remove the friction for your attendees. You can do this by copying the link and sharing or using a Zoom app like Salepager for sending Zoom invites.

Frank_TB

Hello,

You can choose to embed your meeting passcode into the invite link. The meeting passcode will be encrypted and included in your invite link to allow participants to join with just one click and avoid having to manually enter a passcode. An embedded passcode makes your meeting more secure and easier for attendees to join.

Note: If you prefer to disable Embed passcode in invite link for one-click join, your attendees will have to manually enter each meetingā€™s passcode, but invite links already generated with the embedded passcode will still continue to function, as long as the passcode for that meeting is unchanged. 

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!