cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom invitation link has changed - how to change back?

Jeyney1

Does anyone know why the Zoom share link has changed in the Android app and where the settings are to amend it? It used to have the time and date on it with the meeting name, but now it just looks like this:

Click https://us04web.zoom.us/j/74713316989?pwd=bdaiKqTUb5XruPAakGL7xkMhUbwSfz.1 to start or join a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Do you know how i can change it back? Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

colegs
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@Jeyney1 - that is the standard join link format for a meeting.  Are you saying you see it differently when you are not on an android?  Are you seeing this for all invites you receive?  If it used to have text, someone would have had to add the link as hypertext into the message since Zoom will send out the regular link that you have above.

Rfrd

I have the same issue as Jeyney1.

on my android i'd select a meeting, select INVITE, open a link to my gmail list and Zoom populated the body of the email with XXXXX is inviting you to a meeting etc. ( basic cover letter format with all the details, time, phone links from differnet regions.

NOW, just this week, the email body just say Click link. no mention of time, auto fill with my name etc all gone. 

i've restarted my phone, computer. I never changed any settings.  I've even tried using another computer and phone. 

This is not good. ypu help is appreciated

colegs

Are you saying this looks correct on the computer, but not on the Android, or that ALL of your invites have now changed?  Is this in the subject of an email, or in the body of the email/invite?  I do not have an android to test, so I am not sure what and where you are seeing this.

Rfrd

on the Android, If I go to my schedule, look at the meeting and detailes it show the std XXX is inviting you to...etc. But when I use the meeting INVITE button, an select send by email, the body of the email just says Click (then the link to the meeting)  So it seems something has changed.     I find it strange that a billion people use Android yet you dont have access to how your app is working in this device?  Is there someone you can ask in your org so you can help? i dont mean to be rude but, I operated a food company and if a buyer asked me if our crackers go good with soup, i cany say, I dont know, I dont have access to soup. 

colegs

@Rfrd - I was just trying to verify where and when you were seeing the link since it is a valid link, and what I would have expected in a calendar view.  Now that I know where you are looking, and I have verified it is not also happening on iOS, I would recommend you open a support ticket since I cannot see any updates that would explain the change in functionality, and it does not appear to impact other mobile clients.

Rfrd

okay, Thanks. 

What would you call the ticket? a technical name that will help Zoom support grasp the issue before they get my layperson explanation.... 🙂

colegs

I would title it 'Android Meeting Schedule (on Meeting Tab) no longer showing meeting details, only link'.  One last question for you, do you still see the calendar tab, or do you only see the meetings tab?

colegs

@Rfrd and @Jeyney1 , please go into your settings and see if the 'Merge Meetings and Calendar tabs' is turned on.  If so, please turn it off and let me know if the issue goes away.  This is not and Android specific change, but sounds like it might be why you are seeing calendar links in your meetings.

colegs_0-1720211411339.png