cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Gallery Disappears When Screen Sharing a Apple Keynote Presentation

tomlipinski
Newcomer
Newcomer

I am using two monitors, one is on my MacBook and the other is extended. Zoom, Apple and Keynote are the latest versions. When I share my Keynote presentation to my monitor, which is identified as screen 2, Zoom gallery view on my MacBook, which is identified as screen 1 disappears. I am using Keynote in notes view, so I see the current slide, next slide and my notes, but the gallery, the people I am presenting to, disappear altogether. I would like to see who is raising their digital hands and who is in the room. Also, my Zoom controls on screen 2 become inoperable because cursor on screen 2 disappears too. If I move the the controls to screen 1 before I click play in Keynote I am ok. I still cannot see the gallery.  Any help is appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

vanwormersona
Newcomer
Newcomer

The issue of the Zoom gallery disappearing when screen sharing an Apple Keynote presentation is similar to encountering unexpected behavior in software applications. Much like when using video editing software like capcut, it's important to understand the interaction between different tools. In this case, Zoom and Keynote may have certain compatibility challenges. To address this issue, consider a few steps: ensure that Zoom is updated to the latest version, check if Keynote is running in full-screen or presenter mode, and experiment with sharing only a specific application window instead of the entire screen to retain the Zoom gallery view. Troubleshooting these compatibility issues is essential for a seamless presentation experience, much like troubleshooting to achieve desired video editing outcomes in capcut.

tomlipinski
Newcomer
Newcomer

Thank you for your reply to my question. I will have a look at what I am sharing.