cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When using a mobile device for zoom meeting, how do we activate the built in ultra wide angle lens?

ateu
Newcomer
Newcomer

When using a mobile device for zoom meeting, how do we activate the built in ultra wide angle lens?

My samsung note 20 ultra only allows the camera zoom (during zoom meeting) to be at 1X and more, but doesnt allow it to be at 0.5X.

Anyone has this problem?
need the ultra wide function of the camera during Zoom meeting.

5 REPLIES 5

AtmosD
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have the same question. I may use an external wide angle lens over the default lens, but I would prefer to use the ultra wide lens on the phone

RN

Hey @ateu @AtmosD  this is by design as you have the ability to zoom in using iPhone 13 prox max when testing with the back camera, zooming further out isn't a functionality. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Hi @RN

Can i say Zoom has designed to prioritise the tele lens instead of the wide angle lens?

this is a waste, because when it comes to zoom digital meeting, more people will find wide angle lens more useful than the tele lens.

Is there no way i can overcome this?

I had to purchase a wide angle converter to temporarily resolve this, which is a shame because i have the hardware within the phone, with much better optical quality, digital noise control, convenience, and yet i cant use it due to a software design.

I respect that Zoom may have its own constrains, but can i request to put this up as a feedback. I am sure i am not the only one facing this.

Hey @ateu, to have this functionality would be awesome! 🚀Would suggest shooting this idea over to https://zoom.us/feed as we hope to see this ability within the near future! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Hello, could you please share more about the wide angle converter?

I am trying to find a solution to use zoom on the phone and i need wide angle view. My phone has this feature on the camera but it doesn't work on zoom.

Thank you!