cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting Room Sound on Entry

Rtulip
Newcomer
Newcomer

Participant tab ... gives the option to make a sound when a person enters the waiting room. 

I would like this to be permanently on, so I don't make people wait because I am looking at another screen. 

It looks like I have to enable sound on entry every time I start a new meeting.  Can this be made a default?

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

shahbaz63
Newcomer
Newcomer

This might work: Go To Profile setting on Zoom.us and navigate to the "Inmeeting (Basic)" option from the left tab and enable  "Sound notification when someone joins or leaves" you can select play sound for "Host/ Co-host or for everyone".

Personal Tip: Select host/ cost only, to avoid disturbance to participants. 

View solution in original post

Thanks very much, that worked.  It surprises me I could not find this in any Zoom help searches,  I need this as I often leave people waiting to join small meetings as I look at other screens such as email while I am hosting.  I had some confusion finding this function, as https://zoom.us/profile/setting is at Personal, and not under the profile menu, as its url suggests it would be.  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

shahbaz63
Newcomer
Newcomer

This might work: Go To Profile setting on Zoom.us and navigate to the "Inmeeting (Basic)" option from the left tab and enable  "Sound notification when someone joins or leaves" you can select play sound for "Host/ Co-host or for everyone".

Personal Tip: Select host/ cost only, to avoid disturbance to participants. 

Thanks very much, that worked.  It surprises me I could not find this in any Zoom help searches,  I need this as I often leave people waiting to join small meetings as I look at other screens such as email while I am hosting.  I had some confusion finding this function, as https://zoom.us/profile/setting is at Personal, and not under the profile menu, as its url suggests it would be.  

Happy to help!